Why isn't everyone allowed to interpert the Bible, and write their own maga

by Judas I. 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Judas I.
    Judas I.

true dat.

Nice move Open.

I may have to bring that to the attention of my JW mom. Although she doesn't dare bring up anything spiritual to me anymore, no accusations nothing. My Dad forbid me to even ask her a question.(So I would call my grandma and have her ask her my question) Did I disobey by doing that?

I am learning to play the game...I just have to figure out how to win.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I am not understanding this at all...can someone help me out and convince me I am not worthy to successfully read and understand the bible without an interpeter to guide me?

Heb 8:11-12 And each person will not teach his fellow citizen, and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know Me, from the least to the greatest of them. For I will be merciful to their wrongdoing, and I will never again remember their sins.”

1 John 2:26-27 I have written these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you. The anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you don’t need anyone to teach you. Instead, His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie; just as it has taught you, remain in Him.

The Watchtower wants you to believe that they are the mouthpiece of God and no one can understand the Bible without their guidance.

The Bible says that all who turn to Jesus and become His followers do not need anyone except the Holy Spirit to teach and guide them.

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

This is a question I asked myself and lead me to question the Watchtower and religion in general. I wonder, would a truly loving God who has given all of mankind his word in the form of the bible only make it comprehensible by a few? Why would such a loving God give us the bible, yet require us to put faith in man to understand it. It does not make sense to me. That would be like a father who knows the secret to happiness and longevity writing it down but in a code only 2 of his 12 children can decipher. The other 10 children must rely on their faith, not in their father, but in the 2 children to tell them the truth about what their father said. The watchtower, like most every other religion, claims that we need them to tell us what our heavenly father says to us in the bible, we can not understand it with out them. This requires faith, but not in God, the faith it requires is faith in imperfect men. Faith that what they tell us is accurate, that what they tell us is not self serving to them. Faith that they are not lying to us for personal gain. Would not true faith in God require us to trust that his word the bible is truly written for all mankind and that our interpretation of it, if not self serving but rather heartfelt and humble, is what we need to live a God pleasing life?

• under_believer
    under_believer

When I first saw the topic, I thought it said "write their own manga." That would be AWESOME! Theocratic Manga!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

God didn't choose you in 1919 Judas, DUH!!!!!!
    We have to go with who god chooses, not men.
    Of course how do we know who God chooses? It's quite simple. They simply tell us and then we know! I don't know what all your complaining is about. Gosh!

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Try that idea you had before - words are keys for language

• Scully
    Scully

Last I heard, it was a free country and you can interpret the Bible and write magazines about it if you damn well please.

So what's stopping you?

countdown to 10K: 6 more posts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit