JWD forum is another battleground for your souls.

by Spectrum 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

LOL @ Rex.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Have we become like them?

No. There's no way that I want to micromanage your subservient life to me

• parakeet
    parakeet

The give-and-take nature of this site could not be more different from JW thinking. For the past 6 weeks, I've been enjoying the comments from everybody -- exJWs, JWs, born-agains, atheists, agnostics, don't-give-a-damns, weirdos. The kind of freedom that exists here would never be tolerated by the org. Even the most virulent comments about JW and Christian posters is always moderated with humor and humanity. This is the real world, the "out there" that JWs are afraid to face. All of you guys are great.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, at least you are stating your own opinion and not that of one of your admired authors, "Shining One". That is an improvement at least.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I don't know about using the word "we" collectively in all this...I wish Simon could put a "Poll" feature here. This is the biggest xjw board in the world, it would be fascinating to see just what "we" really believe.

And as far as my beliefs, they have changed or evolved constantly, I am learning SO much more about the world about me and myself. Even so, things I presently believe in...sure..I'll present them to others. It's a way of learning, I do listen to their feedback. It's kinda like test driving a car ya' might be interested in buying.

And I must say...it is SO great NOT to have 'my' beliefs dictated to me by others. At the same time I don't think *I* am like *them* the JW's, I wouldn't want anyone 'following' me. After all I was a brain-dead cult follower myself for 35 years -- not a real good track record, eh ?

I do like not 'fitting' into a slot...I'll find my own way with my own mind...and the help of millions of other brains, too.

Rabbit (of the not afraid of gods anymore class)

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Love is an action word and we can do it no matter what we believe. Unconditional love is never compromise. We can hold ourselves to that if we choose to. It is a personal choice. It is easier to love than judge.

in my humble opinion

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

We all live in a context and cannot help but be influenced by other's active or passive efforts.
    On this forum there is a context and within context more than one trend of thought, that is the battleground. Pulling and pushing trying to gain ground one on the other.

Why am I saying all this? Because if we are not careful we could be missing the point. The chances are we are all wrong. Who knows the third way?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The middle ground is a grey area of "live and let live". If something helps you, by all means share it, but don't fall under the bigotted misconception that it's the panacea for all...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit