Getting df'd for telling others about the WTS and the UN fiasco

by proandcon 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    Now those people will get shunned and then executed at Armageddon for telling the truth, lol, what a ridiculous god their jehovah is.

What burns my ass is that they pass these judgements yet feel no responsibility that they have sentenced someone to death and labeled them as evil not even deserving resurection. Not to mention the shunning.

Don't they fear God in doing these things in his name?

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

My parents were both dfed for their stand on the UN/Watchtower fiasco. May 1st, 2006. They weren't even telling people about it. The elders just wouldn't leave them alone.

Now my parents are planning on having the local newspaper print articles about the whole thing.

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

WoW Lo!! That is just crazy!

• dothemath
    dothemath

This is precisely the same weapon used by the Pharisees in the first century................

(John 9: 21- 23)

Then in answer his parents said: "We know that this is our son and that he was born blind. 21

But how it is he now sees we do not know, or who opened his eyes we do not know. ASK him. He is of age. He must speak for himself." 22 His parents said these things because they were in fear of the Jews, for the Jews had already come to an agreement that, if anyone confessed him as Christ, he should get expelled from the synagogue. 23 This is why his parents said: "He is of age. QUESTION him."

Note- I just used the Society's CD to paste the text.........handy, but not the purpose the had in mind.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    If its not mentioned in one of their publications then its not allowed to be mentioned.

That's it.

Misspeaches, I think that doesn't really cover it

More like - If its not mentioned in one of their recent publications then its not allowed to be mentioned.

• proandcon
    proandcon

Lo-ru-hamah...thanks for the info...very sad...your parents were not very outward about the UN fiasco yet were still both sought out and df'd? Did they have other issues that they were vocal about? The elder body there seems extremely aggressive...more so than I have ever seen or heard. Very sad...I hope you and your parents can recover from their actions and move on outside the JW's. Hopefully the shunning and loss of contact with some closer :friends" will not be too difficult.

Actions like these prove that the WTS has lost complete touch and is a legalistic paranoid group who only will accept totally mindless drones to follow its every direction. Is this was Jesus wnted/taught. Not likely...thanks.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Here I thought the Inquistion was over. I guess someone forgot to tell the Governing Body.

Here is an interesting thought about truth:

"In the spider-web of facts, many a truth is strangled."
    -Paul Eldridge

Orangefatcat

• FairMind
    FairMind
    If its not mentioned in one of their publications then its not allowed to be mentioned.

Even if it has been mentioned in one of their publications but is old stuff and embarrassing you can get in trouble for mentioning it.

• uninformed
    uninformed

All:

I am Loruhamahs father.

What she said is exactly the truth. Here are some of the details:

We heard about the UN/WT alliance in about 2002. Loru-called the UN and they sent her either a fax or letter indicating that it was true that the WT had entered an NGO agreement with the UN.

This upset us all, but we were trying to 'bury' it and go on, but the continuance of all the articles about the UN (as part of their agreement to inform their constituents about the programmes and activities of the UN) just made us all madder and madder at the WT.

By June 2005 we were all barely hanging in there, and I went to the elders and told them of the WT situation with the UN.

They assured me that it was an apostate trick and they would see that the issue was settled.

To make a long story short, after 45 years of service, 30 as an elder, I was disfellowshipped the first part of May. My wife, baptized in 1959 was disfellowshipped along with me.

Here are some of our acheivements as JW's:

Baptized in 1959 (wife) and 1961 (me).

Went to prison from 1966 to 1968. (Failure to report for Military service, Vietnam war)

Got out of prison and married in 1968, and both of us began pioneering.

Was on "the comittee" (old times for elder) in 1969. Appointed elder in 1972, went to KM School in Chicago under Dennis Trumbore.

Began a family of 4 children, 2 boys, went to Bethel after pioneering stayed total of 5 years. Two daughters pioneered for over 8 years, Loru- did over 7 of those. Loru went to Ecuador to pioneer for several months too.

Served as elder for 30 years. Had countless parts on Circuit and District programs.

Worked as a bricklayer on at least 125 Kingdom Halls. (WORKED!)

Served on over 75 comittees, some special.

When push came to shove last May 1, the elders failed to: Make any charge in writing, they failed to make any SPECIFIC judicial charge, and they failed to identify one verse of the Bible that we were in violation of. Additionally, in over 6 "shepherding" visits they failed to share one verse from the Bible with us except Matt 24:45 to warn us about respecting the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

We shared dozens of scriptures with them, and dozens of WT publication quotes.

We asked them not to disfellowship us, just please let us fade.

They refused to let us fade and refused to make a specific charge, but they disfellowshipped us anyway.

Arrogant, golden calf worshiping bastards.

3 days later our daughter of 27 (Loru's sister) wrote a letter of DA and we were all read out at the same time.

Brant and Karen Jones

Kansas City Kansas

[email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit