Getting df'd for telling others about the WTS and the UN fiasco

by proandcon 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

When I informed the elders on the Servant Body about the UN/WTBTS Association the first thing out of their mouths were, "Who have you told this to?"

Paranoid People shouldn't live in Glass Houses.

• daystar
  • hartstrings
    hartstrings

Well I think word has got out that this is an "apostate" topic and therefore, if you are aware of it you have obviously been talking to apostates and ergo are a dog returning to it's vomit. Of course anything that the society has done that isn't positive (can be negative if it is fulfilling prophecy) is considered apostate. Pathetic!

• proandcon
    proandcon

BluesBrother...good point...at least one of these twopeople were quite vocal in their sharing of this information...they established a web site highlighting the UN / NGO WTS association...included all the WT docs etc...local elders here are failrly apathetic and lazy...apparently the WTS in NY got wind of the site and told the CO to push the elders to action...claim was "apostasy"...local needs talk given to be careful of what you hear and from whom...then the people were quietly axed...most here don't know exactly why...telling the truth about the "truth" was not tolerated by the WTS...wonder how Jesus would fare vs this bunch...likely he'd be df'd for exposing their "shortcomings".

• proandcon
    proandcon

Greendawn and Balsam...well put...very sad how this crew destroys families and lives as it continues to repress any clear expressions...More sad still are the many who don't question anything stated by the WTS...my experience here though is that the "zeal" is definitely substantially reduced...most just go thru the motions at best, feighn illnesses to reduce activity and at least some (more and more) scratch their head as the inane comments by the WTS still keep coming... and they still keep swallowing them...issues like this will cause some quietly to question the leadership...is the HS asleep at the switch or what?

• juni
    juni

Hi Pro and Con -

You know what? It ceases to amaze me that this org. has the audacity to reveal all shortcomings of others and their religions, but they themselves can't take it when someone brings up something that they are doing and it can be documented. They slash and burn those who have honest questions. It's no wonder we're seeing more here at this site who are fed up w/being told to "shut up" and get in line.

They are God's org. and they are above doing wrong. Makes me want to ralph.

Juni

• proandcon
    proandcon

Juni...good point...and if the JW's are dissed legitemately or otherwise by some other organization (religious or governmental) they just claim they're being persecuted...great racket...like... heads I win, tails you lose...

• juni
    juni

You're right, proandcon. Good analogy w/the flipping of the coin and slyly winning either way because of the call.

Jedi Juni

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I personally handed the UN press release on the matter to an elder about a year back. He read to the second paragraph where it states that involvement with the UN/NGO program meant support of the charter and principles of the UN.

He handed it back and stated that it must be fake due to that statement. I invited him to research it himself. Any guesses as to if he did that?

But so far they have not DF'd me for that - I think they would if they could though - they have been sniffing around that issue a little. I think some BOE's are too lazy to follow up - plus it is a tricky little area when you start slandering someone's name with the word 'apostate'. I threatened legal repurcussions if that continued - they have left me be for the most part.

Jeff

• juni
    juni
    I threatened legal repurcussions if that continued - they have left me be for the most part

If they are smart they will Jeff. Deep down I feel that there are those that believe these things to be true, but just don't want to put themselves in the line of fire. Like an ostrich w/its head in the sand. It's easier that way.

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit