If I could hug you all!

by 5thGeneration 30 Replies latest jw friends

• lawrence
    lawrence

A big hug to you! When I was leaving I went through some of my darkest days - may the sun shine brightly into your life!

• south african beef
    south african beef

((((((5th Generation))))))))

Things will get a lot better.

Thinking of you and welcome!

• TresHappy
  • Brigid
    Brigid

((((((5th generation))))))

Back atchya. I often feel the same way. There's something about this place and the people here that just makes me feel welcome.

• juni
    juni

5th generation -

You have a PM from me.

Juni

• serendipity
    serendipity

(((( 5th Generation )))) It will get better!

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Hello.

I am new here. I am a very good friend of 5th generation. I am currently serving as an elder, but have recently come to realize that the truth is not really the truth after all. With this realization comes a new purpose in life...

There are many people whom I love and care deeply for who are trapped in the religion. My greatest desire is to see these ones freed from the WT society and its teachings, which I feel are dangerous for these five basic reasons:

1) they teach that you cannot take a blood transfusion. This could lead to the death of a loved one. A father. A mother. A son. A daughter. A dear friend. That's not cool.

2) they promote a judgemental culture. This causes psychological damage in individuals and retards their growth as responsible human beings. It can and often does lead to suicidal thinking. It leads to class distinctions within the group, and psychological brow beating which can lead to depression. Guilt and fear are cultivated regularly through the printed page and through "talks".

3) their policy on child molestation has hurt thousand of children and families. Not reporting child molestation to the authorities unless it can be established by two witnesses is abhorent.

4) their policy on shunning and disfellowshipping has ruined the lives of tens of thousand people around the earth and has destroyed familes and friendships, not to mention the often irrepairable psychological damage to the individual who has been a victim of shunning.

5) their teachings cheapen life. JW teachings promote loyalty to a "society" over everything else in one's life. The teaching of a resurrection promotes the thinking that "this life" doesn't really matter that much, and when faced with any life and death decisions - loyalty to the "society" must be chosen over your personal safety or the safety of your family.

These are serious facts about JW teachings, and the harm that is caused by these five points is very real. It is for this reason that I cannot simply leave quietly and fade away.

Currently my goal is to liberate one mind a month. I have decided to stay on as an elder while I work to free as many minds as I can because I think I can have more success working from the inside while serving in that role. It gives me certain strategic advanatages that are significant. Although working undercover does presents many challenges, and I do not know how much longer I will be allowed to fulfill that capacity, as long as I have a respected voice that can be listened to - I will use it to promote real truth and promote awareness of damaging WT policy.

Anyway - enough about me. I just thought I'd share a little personal info since I am new to these parts. I would also like to add, if I may, that for those that choose or have chosen to simply fade away - I do not judge you adversely in any way. Just because I have decided to do the NEO thing, doesn't mean I think everyone is morally obligated to do the same. Everyone has different circumstances. To steal some WT schtik - it's just that my circumstances allow me to fill a role, and I feel morally obligated to fill it. That's all. If you are fading and that is all you want to do - FANTASTIC! DO IT! The important thing is that you free your mind and get on with your life!! You can leave the "apostate" activity to guys like me if you wish.

At the same time, I do encourage any and all to join the cause to help as many of our dear and innocent friends, who may be trapped in the JW religion, to awaken to the real truth. Most JWs are completely unaware that they are living a lie, and are not only wasting valuable time serving a man-made movement, but are putting themselves and their families unnecessarily in harm's way due to the five points as outlined above. They need to be warned! They need to be educated!

If anyone has any material or any experiences that may prove useful in convincing a loved one to reconsider their allegience to the Watchtower Society and its band of local elders - I would love to hear from you. Let's spread the good word - no one deserves to be trapped in a mind control group - there is so much that life has to offer outside the prison of "the truth".

cheers!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Dude, you got a bug, oiled-up, non-christian hug form me, coming your way.

steve

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Oracle,

Power to you if you want to topple the tower for individuals from inside. I could never do it.
    You can certainly help some JW's to be truly balanced, not putting their entire heart, mind, and
    body into the WT organization. But I don't really believe you will be much help without revealing
    yourself. People will see you as a radical elder, or they will see the need to take you out with
    a DF. I hope I am wrong.

I am trying a slightly undercover approach with my mother. I haven't really told her anything about
    my becoming inactive. It hasn't really worked. I need to tell her how I disagree with many things.
    If you can disagree with WT without the person turning you in, you might have a tiny bit of success.
    Many will see you as not willing to face up to your doubts, so why should they. Plus, you are
    still promoting the WTS somewhat everytime you take the platform.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

((((((((((((((((((( 5thGeneration ))))))))))))))))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit