Another JW Suicide

by orangefatcat 40 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

apparently 600 attended

doesn't that seem like a lot of people for such a young man?

lisa

• mouthy
    mouthy

but because of the societys dislike for psychiatrists couldn't get the help needed, again YES the society is responsible for the end result

I have to agree with the above statement ... I feel that( once was a elder)the one defending the WT above ( I cant remember his logo. )Is defending the WT....I TRULY BELIEVE the WT is EVIL with a capitol E

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I just got back (on Friday, May 19) from an inpatient trip to a clinic to help me keep from harming myself. I was admitted the week prior as "Major Depression, Suicidal with Plan" which I found a little amusing, in an ironic way, because anyone who has read much or seen a few movies has a few foolproof plans. I was reminded of Socrates' profound last words: "I drank what?"

I have some meds now to cope with the nightmares and interrupt the abnormal panic/anxiety responses. I have an appointment with a therapist/psychatrist this morning to start learning better coping skills (more heathful ways of thinking about events in my life). All in all, I am very glad I went, although a week apart from my wife was living hell.

If there was not such a harsh social stigma (among JWs) opposing those JWs who need counseling, the suicide rate would be lessened.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• carla
    carla

I'm sorry you are going through such a rough time AuldSoul! I'll be thinking of you. carla

• hubert
    hubert
    I just got back (on Friday, May 19) from an inpatient trip to a clinic to help me keep from harming myself. I was admitted the week prior as "Major Depression, Suicidal with Plan"

Sorry to hear you are having major depression problems, Auldsole. I am happy to hear you went for help. From what I read from your posts, you are a very intelligent person, which shows that anyone can develop suicidal tendencies. Always keep in mind that your family need you, and we need you, also.

Where would we be without your fantastic knowledge and expert advice when relating to posters here?

Seriously, we need you, we love you, and so does your family. So, stick around and keep getting the help you need. Thanks for being here for us.

Hubert

• Lehtiveli
    Lehtiveli

Suicide attempts are not only for "stupid people". In fact, intelligent people are easier to get depression than "stupid" ones.
    That means, intelligent people are in bigger risk to commit suicide because they have more knowledge and knowledge can mean more pain. ;)

• rebel8
    rebel8

(((((((((((((((((((((((( AuldSoul )))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Sorry to hear you've been having troubles, but very very happy to hear you're getting help.

wasanelderonce, I think you've got a point, we don't know why this particular man chose suicide. There are many reasons ppl commit suicide, chemical imbalance is one of them.

Just a general comment, I've never believed suicidal thoughts mean someone is mentally ill. I think having those thoughts can be a coping mechanism for a person who is in an extreme situation that is impossible escape. For example, a person who totally believes what the WTS teaches but who feels they do not want to be a JW (for whatever reason) and fears execution at Armageddon--that is an impossible situation.....the only way out of that is to stop believing the teachings, continue living a very unhappy life as a JW, or suicide. The person thinking of suicide may feel better knowing there is the option of escape, even if he/she has no intention of utilizing it. It's easier to cope with a hopeless situation if one realizes it's a choice.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I hope the wife will seek counseling for herself and the child who is old enough to know Daddy isn't there anymore. We've spent a couple of years with therapy for Jackson to help him cope with his grandfather's suicide (which was indeed a direct result of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society and their harsh, hypocritical, unloving, MEAN standards -- there was no chemical imbalance involved, just emotional pain).

Auld Soul, good for you. It hurts like hell to face your demons but there is peace on the other side. Hang in there!

Hugs,

Nina

• TheListener
    TheListener

((((((((((Auld Soul))))))))))))

You have many friends who love you. I'm so sorry that you are going through this.

You are an especially thoughtful and kind person. I'm glad you are getting professional help.

If you need anything pm me and I will get in touch with you. You've helped me more than anyone will ever know. I'll do whatever I can to help you.

• Kero-kero
    Kero-kero

That is just so very tragic...so very, very sad. I know when I was a JW depression was a big issue for me and I would also think about just ending it all. But since leaving I feel much happier in myself. The WTBTS has so much blood on it's hands. They would not hold the service in the KH becuase he commited suicide, Thats disgusting...because surely if a brother or sister refused a blood and died...that is also a form of suicide? And yet they would have their service in the KH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit