my name is abigail

by wakeupbuttercup 14 Replies latest jw friends

• wakeupbuttercup
    wakeupbuttercup

Hi All

Long time lurker here. I've had enough of it. I don't want hate in our hearts - jw are wrong oh so wrong - and I want to blame this religion for making me cold and distant to the world. but I believe everything is meant to be, we all have purpose in this world. We just need to play. Please follow me on Instagram abigail259 - it's time for people to know who Jehovah's witnesses are. i will share my story and I'm not scared of losing my family my friends my life. I want to write one of the greatest stories in the world. Please trust me on this :)

I'm in melbourne Australia - so if you're here, let's catch up - I want to hear your story.

if you're a jw here and wants to snoop around and wants to see me too - please do.

if you're an elder, pioneer or whatever you are. Please let me share my story first before you judge.

Remember the power of love.

• kairos
    kairos

Looking forward to hearing more!

We're all in it together.

• Garrett
    Garrett
    I await to hear your story! My story is already on here...part of it at least :P
  • Awake at last
    Awake at last

Hi Abigail

I have just followed you on Instagram.

I live in NSW but come from Melbourne and have non-witness relatives there. We may meet up one day.

I agree so much about not wanting hate in our hearts. All my life as a JW I followed to the letter the rules on disfellowshipping as did my parents who are now deceased. It does make you cold and distant to not only the world, but to others in the org. One of the things that woke me up was the lack of love shown to me, my mum when she was old and hubby's sister who has mental illness and is DF'd. The teachings did not even come into it until I discovered these forums, I was so shocked and still recovering. I always thought it was the absolute truth and had no real idea of the history of the org.

Welcome to no longer being a lurker. I'm not afraid of being found out either. I am not DF'd but am being shunned a bit at shopping centres, etc. Can't wait to hear the greatest story in the world. I will tell you my baptism story one day, you won't beat that!

On Instagram I am Hawkstorm13 as I go for Hawthorn in the AFL and the Melbourne Storm in the NRL. The 13, well it is supposed to be superstitious, isn't it?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Really good to have you here Abigail!

Just wish I was on Instagram to hear your story.

Many of us here are on different parts of the road out of the Org. Some are beginning, some have totally exited, and others like me are attending occasionally for family reasons.

Hope to hear more of your story soon.

All the best.

• sillygirlforgotpassword
    sillygirlforgotpassword

Welcome Abigail :D

My ex best friend in the cong shares the same name and my heart did an instant lurch when I saw your post headline. Well, you're not her but you're still another one who's not held captive to a concept by man. A hearty welcome, and looking forward to hearing more from you xx

• happy@last
    happy@last
    Welcome Abigail, sounds like you are in control and taking charge of your life. Well done, liberating isn't it :)
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Abigail

Are you really a spy for the wtbts trying to get us all to reveal who we really are? LOL

Just kidding. It's part of the paranoia i grew up with being a dub. You know--never trust anyone unless they are a jw because satan is out there trying to snatch us all. LOL

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• wakeupbuttercup
    wakeupbuttercup

Thanks for the welcome guys.

no I'm not a spy .. Don't be paranoid. Lol

I will tell you a little secret - speak up! Listen to you own voice.

watch the movie kings speech and what it represents.

listen to Ode to family by cranberries

Alone by Armin van bureen

brave by Sarah brailes (forgot spelling lol)

who you are by Jessie jay

and entire album of hardwell

little mermaids part of the world

and think really hard what the word world means.

Listen to dare you by hardwell

and dream big and be the chance you wish to see in this world.

you have a story worth telling, don't be afraid. Our fears stopped us from loving.

sing love songs - and try and understand what it means. Then you will forgive everyone around you and understand why you had to go through that. And understand they happened for a reason. They played a part in shaping you into a person who has been bruised, forgot the meaning of love and how to forgive, became angry, scared but now you understand. As the movie said why do you need to be heard, because you have a voice.

Maybe if we all speak up and have one voice and show our families and friends who have abandoned us that we are strong and we love them. It's time we speak up. Stop hiding. Be brave - how can we receive if we don't ask.

we get to live this life once, stop wasting it. Say what you want to say.

listen to you heart and look yourself in the mirror

• wakeupbuttercup
    wakeupbuttercup

Sorry for heaps of typo - english is not my 1st language.

hhaha I still want all to speak the same language though - I thought maybe the language of love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit