Who is Your Mediator? ---- proof readers required

by jwfacts 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    since JWs will likely be reading with a sharply critical eye.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks A Paduan,
    I struggle to know the best way to write, and also find myself slipping into Watchtower mode a lot, (35 years of training). If it is too short they won't believe it is credible, if it is too long they won't read it. What I try to do is have a succinct introduction explaining the whole subject to catch someones interest, and then go into a lengthy historical and scriptural explanation for those that wish to keep going.
    I see your point and will try to improve the first few paragraphs.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

lovely lil,

I agree that the bible does not talk about any hope on this earth. It says that the resurrection will be into heaven and never mentions an earthly ressurection. Further on it mentions a new earth, but does not explain in any detail who will live on it or when.

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

Great job!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have made some important changes to the article and posted it at http://jwfacts.com/index_files/mediator.htm

As this is a serious doctrine that can be quite shocking to many JWs feel free to direct people to the information.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

But weren't the first christians guilt of the same charlatanism as WTBS. They created a christ called jesus and said follow him if you want salvation. My understanding from reading on this board is that there never was to be a Christ that did what the Christians claim he was predestined to do. Paul has therefore done on the whole christian world what WTBS has done on JWs.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There are two issues for a JW

1. Does the WTS represent the bible correctly

2. Is the bible God's Word

I have taken the approach that the bible is God's word, and then attempt to show from it that the Watchtower Society misrepresents it for their own gain. This is a more effective way to help people to leave the organisation than to attack the bible. Attacking the bible at the same time as the Watchtower Society creates too much cognitive dissonance for the average JW to cope with, and so I find is counter productive to helping them open their minds about the WTS.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Are you saying that you believe the bible is god's word or you are just basing your hypothesis?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Studying the bible since leaving the mental clutches of the WTS has taught me that it is a far richer book than I ever realised. On the other hand I am also far more aware of its flaws. I am still evaluating whether it is Gods infallible word, and whether belief that it is Gods word excludes all other holy books being able to share that title.

I am starting to come to the conclusion reached by Huxley in "the perenial philosphy' or Joseph Campbell on Myth that all religion shares a similar thread.

That being said, I feel it is important for a Christian to believe Jesus is the Mediator, rather than manipulative men. The WTS manages to remove the spirituality from its religion by creating a dependance on humans instead of God.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I was just telling my husband about this for the 100th time and found this post I thought it was good for the new ones to see, Thank you JW facts

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit