Comments You Will Not Hear at the 5-21-06 WT Study (I AM WITH YOU)

by blondie 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Hi Sherrid,

Well, the WTS says that Jesus actually became "king" at 3 separate times:

33 CE over the Christian congregation only, 1914 CE but only "in the midst of his enemies," and at Armageddon when he destroys his enemies. (just reporting not supporting)

(Matthew 28:18) And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: "All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.

The scripture above is hard for JWs to explain and the WTS skips over this part, minimizing it or giving explanations that do not appear in the Bible.

Very droll, Severus

I wonder what the WTS will realize after this WT series and the 2006 "Feel-the-Back-of-Our Hand" conventions fail to rouse the sleepy followers.

Rouse them to start donating again anyway. I wonder if JWs donated more, they could skip the convention?

Hi Freedomlover……..stats from the WTS itself.

Hey Serendipity,

I think they are insinuating that God would withhold his blessing today as well.

And they speak for God, you know. (smile)

Hello, Robhic,

Well, humor is necessary to get through the WTS crap…I’m sure Jesus doesn’t take himself as seriously as the WTS takes themselves.

Juni, me too,

Damn!! And here I was getting good ideas from Home/Garden T.V.

I guess they can save a few bucks on the decorations in the KHs and assembly halls.

Hi there, heathen,

taking the lead should be entitled to a double portion

Actually, the WTS only applies that to the elders (includes COs/DOs) and it is "honor" they are supposed to get not money (of course the envelopes under the table don’t count).

Good points, Ingenuous,

Ones that occurred to be when I was still an active JW "in good standing." I tried hard to use the Bible right away and to talk about the "good news" as a point that we both agreed on. I didn’t want to be remembered as a book/magazine salesperson.

As to education, homeschooling was all the rage for awhile in the organization and still is; protect the kids from the bad influence right. The WTS is also "encouraging" parents to get their child baptized younger and younger, using a picture of someone that looks about 6 or 7.

Good comments, people.

Blondie

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Dont forget that we did all this stuff on Haggai & Zechariah in the 1972 book 'Paradise Restored to Mnkind by Theocracy' - nothing new . I guess the flock needed a fizz up the backside 34 years ago as well .

par 22 "The preaching spearheaded by Gods anointed ones has certainly rocked the earthly elements of this system of things"

How is that then? How many people even know what the message is all about? What self important posturing !

• jgnat
    jgnat

I had no heart for magazine study this weekend. This is our Victoria Day holiday, I don't have to bet back to work until Tuesday. No study done, but my garden looks GREAT.

From reading your review, blondie, this reads like another rambling article that strays far from the original topic. How much is spoken of God's provision, direction in our daily lives?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Soon it will be announced that all future book studies will no longer be in the homes of the friends. Your homes are not decorative enough or they are too plain. The Kingdom hall will now be the location for all book studies.

Blueblades

• willyloman
    willyloman

I don't even know where to start! But you covered so it well!

On the emphasis on Isaiah and Daniel books: Clearly they are comfortable that the way these books are worded lends itself to weaving in modern day "fulfillments' with only just some by just stretching things a little. That's why they keep bringing this crap up for further review. Despite their oft-repeated claims, hey are not studying the bible, they are not doing research, they are simply spreading propaganda and justifying their existence (and perks) by inserting their views into bible passages and then calling them out in bold face type. This, of course, leads the sheep to the desired conclusion, i.e., the really important stuff in scripture is the commentary added by the the Watchtower.

Also, ya gotta love their sniping at "home decorating." It appears the boys in Bethel have not only discovered HGTV - but it's come to their attention that the publishers are actually watching it and putting into practice the things they've learned! My God, man, if this continues, they won't have time to go out in service! Can you just imagine the meeting where this was first discussed?

• xjwms
    xjwms

Dear Blondie

Thank you again

I am going to ask my wife if she felt a little guilty on par 14....we just finished our house remodel

it looks like a show / eee display to me.

• anewme
    anewme

Thankyou Blondie!

This kind of mind manipulation is soooo cruel!!!! Taking good people who want to a relationship with God and making them slaves of the Watchtower organization.

If I was in attendance this morning, I would get up and walk out!

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

it's probabally ok to assume that next month the title will be: " I May/Might Be with you"

• gumby
    gumby

Jamieson, Fausset, Brown > Haggai > Chapter 1

Commentary Critical and Explanatory
    on the Whole Bible

13. the Lord's messenger--so the priests (Malachi 2:7) are called (compare Galatians 4:14, 2 Peter 1:21).

I still do not see where Jesus enters the picture here in Haggai. The priests were the messengers.

Gumby

• peggy
    peggy

We will start a 75,000 dollar remodel of our Kingdom Hall in about a week. How can this be justified? The answer? We don't want the neighbors complaining about the aesthetic value of our property! Bring praise to Jah! Well my property and the value of it, means a great deal to me and MY neighbors as well! I am sick and tired of the CONSTANT guilt the WT hands out! It makes no sense, unless it is about MANIPULATION and CONTROL!

Peg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit