The DaVinci Code -- overreaction or a chance to rumble?

by cruzanheart 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Maryjane
    Maryjane

Definite overreaction IMHO...it's a work of FICTION...I truly don't understand all the fuss.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Just seen the movie and I would give it 2 thumbs up. I agree with others on here that the critics are full of s*** or they are getting pressure from religious groups to give it bad reviews. Maybe not academy awards material but very well done. I guess I am going to hell now....

Will

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Well, only if you're not a Mormon (did you see that "South Park" episode?) . . .

Nina

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Yes I did see that South Park episode. When the devil was asked who had the correct answer he said, "Mormans People, that was the correct answer, Mormans".

alt

Will

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I'm a little late on posting my views, but here they go.
    In my opinion the people who are making the "fuss" are people who lack faith. I saw the movie, but did not read the book. It was far from an all out attack on Christianity. Although it creates fantasy from history, much can be said for the rest of hollywood. It is a man of little faith who reads a NOVEL and is somehow challenged by his faith with regards to the facts surrounding it. May I also add that not only the fact it IS a novel, but IT IS NOT a referance work by any means. To me a more all out attack on Chrisitanity would involve more ummmm let me see, uhhhhh actual argumentation. Sorry radical christians, you really lost me on the logic of your stance.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson
    It seems that others besides religious people have joined the fracas. See "Leonardo scholars remain faithful to the scientist. The Da Vinci Code does a disservice to one of the world's most creative thinkers and all his loyal fans."

http://www.stnews.org/books-2833.htm

• wednesday
    wednesday

yes little toe,

then they will come for us.

people have to learn, and they can.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Yes I did see that South Park episode. When the devil was asked who had the correct answer he said, "Mormans People, that was the correct answer, Mormans".

Was that before, or after, Satan's ... ummmm ... "love" scene with Saddam Hussein?

Oh my

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit