One more rant!!!

by Gill 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

Let the congregation show their love for them.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    This evening, my mother in law rang, asking my husband to ring his brother as his wife was unwell and unable to work for the next couple of weeks. Could we lend them some money for a while!!!!!

Errr - your Mum-in Law is ALLOWED to speak to your brother/sister in Law - so why didn't she suggest to THEM to approach you. It's surely up to THEM to ask. Maybe they feel a tad awkward after shunning you for 5 years (can't think why though, lol). Anyway, I hope you have rehearsed your answer . Keep us posted.

• Gill
    Gill

Hi All. Thanks for your support. There will be NO money for these people.

We have looked into the health problem of my Sister In law. Apparantly it's caused by the tricyclic antidepressants that she has taken for years. It has caused her stomach to stop working properly. But it's nothing too serious.

I was literally incandessant with rage yesterday after this phone call and my husband was very much the same.

It turns out, that my inlaws actually hold a joint account with their son, and as they're on holiday, he can't get hold of his money now.

They complain that their poor son has an eighty thousand pound mortgage and all his money goes on that. They do not see that he could have spent his inherited thirty thousand pounds on bringing that mortgage down to only 50 thousand pounds. Instead, they frittered it away.

No Way will we be giving them a penny.

I'm still astonished at the cheek of them. Just the asking took my breath away.

I and my children have been shunned for too long by them. I have a six year old daughter, who when she sees her grandmother and father in the street, they turn their back on her. I have twin boys of fourteen years old who have been asked into their grandparents house on two occassions in their whole lives and they only live 200 yards up the road from us. They don't ever see their two cousins because they're NOT approved associates for them. My twin sons are the most wonderful boys you can imagine. People love them and they're popular with everyone who knows them. But NOT their JW relatives. (Except for my parents, I have to say who have tolerated our non JWness for all these years).

I say NO! There will be NO money.

However, I expect the MIL to be ringing again to ask. She has no conscience. She will not learn.

But our time will come.

• blondie
    blondie

Why is she calling and not your brother-in-law.........?

What does your husband think?

30,000 pounds????????????????? on thing particular.

JWs, non-JWs, Hindus, or Quakers, this situation smells.

Blondie

(I wouldn't give him a pence, but then I'm not a nice person)

• luna2
    luna2

I'd be tempted to used the old telemarketer trick on her if she calls you again, Gill. Keep a whistle by the phone and as soon as she starts in just blow that sucker right in her ear. Or you could pretend you don't hear her. "What? What? Who is this? What?" ::click::

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Tell them to rely on Jehovah, as he looks after even the sparrows, and the lilies in the field.

Tell them that if it was you, you are so unspiritual that you couldnt rely on Jehovah and you would need the lend of some money, but truly spiritual people dont need to rely on satans world.

Then slam the phone down and scream obscenities into a pillow.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

I've just read this and your other thread about your son. You have every excuse to rant. The 'son' one is more difficult, I think, because (speaking as the father of two grown-up children) I suspect that whatever he does you'll 'be there' for him.

As far as this bit is concerned, the money I mean, I agree with other posters. Definitely 'no', and a hell of a cheek to ask. I have had an experience of a leech within the family, and if my father had shown him the door many years ago a lot of misery would have been avoided.

• Gill
    Gill

Blondie - I think thirty thousand pounds is near enough fifty thousand dollars. So quite a bit of cash really.

Katie Kitten - I can't tell you how tempted I've been to scream obscenities at these people for so long, never mind into a pillow. Just when you think you're finally rid of them they come crawling out of the woodwork.

Joe Grundy - The whole thing, both things, the money and my stupid son....just a real BIG pain in the ass at the moment.

luna2 - I think it's going to have to be pulling a deaf one!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

You're sure having a rotten time of it at the mo (((Gill)))

If these folks normally don't speak to you and you don't want them to phone, you might consider registering with BT's 'choose to refuse' then you can bar their phone numbers.

It's quite a flexible service so you can unbar them at any time if you ever did want them to be able to phone again.

• KW13
    KW13

Unless you liken it to the prodigal son? if you rub that in you might make the point

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit