One more rant!!!

by Gill 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

I'm afraid I haven't finished ranting yet. Sorry peoples.

We have been shunned for five years now by my husband's JW family, who are his parents, his brother, my sister in law and their two little children.

This evening, my mother in law rang, asking my husband to ring his brother as his wife was unwell and unable to work for the next couple of weeks. Could we lend them some money for a while!!!!!

For pitys sake. These people even turn their backs on me and my children when they see us in the street because we're 'not spiritual enough' for them since we no longer attend the meetings!

Not only that, my husbands brother recently received a thirty thousand pound part settlement of an inheritance and has already spent it all on 'nothing in particular' according to his mother. Now he wants money from us!!!

I just don't understand them any more! What is this crazy JW mentality that they can shun you and treat you like rubbish and then suddenly expect favours and money?

I may sound slightly 'crazy' this evening. But I'm seriously sick of JWs!!!

• KW13
    KW13

i would say teach them a lesson but that would be bad of me.

Sorry you get all this, its wrong.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

under no circumstances would I give them one single penny! Are they crazy? I am sorry, I am all for being good hearted but if you are not good enough for them to speak to or spend time with, why do they consider you good enough to give them money? I would point out what hypocrites they are and tell them never to call your home again with such nonesense. I mean really, what NERVE!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

That would have to be a BIG FAT NO!!!! How dare they even ask.

lisa

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

No Kidding! I'm with all of you on this one. Gill, you have no obligation to family members who treat you and your family like you are dead to them. They are completely out of line to think this would even be an appropriate request to make!! I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

• Emma
    Emma

It's family business, so they're safe contact you.

They can take from you, they just can't give.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    This evening, my mother in law rang, asking my husband to ring his brother as his wife was unwell and unable to work for the next couple of weeks. Could we lend them some money for a while!!!!!

So, the piece of crap wants money but isn't even willing to make contact himself? He asks his mother to initiate it? And they expect your husband to make the call to him???

If the ass wants money he should be willing to make the request himself, and perhaps grovel a bit too, considering his conduct.

They choose to shun you, then they should accept the consequences of their choice.

Sorry if I seem a bit extreme, but I won't tolerate the shunning crap. If someone shuns me then they should be aware that I am the LAST person they should come to when help is needed. I don't care if it's a matter of life or death.

I do not exist merely for the convenience of others, especially those who shit on me.

W

• nelly136
    nelly136

i would remind them that as their conscience doesnt allow them to mix speak or eat with you then it cant allow them to sponge off you either. if shes off work for a couple o weeks ssp certificate will take care of em anyways.

• luna2
    luna2

Gill, I sure hope your husband doesn't lend them a cent. Let the shunners go get a loan from the bank. That's sick to waste all that money and then go begging to people that you refuse to treat like human beings. If money is lent to those sponges, I wouldn't expect to get it paid back.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

tell them to write to the wt society. and ask for help. invoking verses like helping the down and out helping the hungry and sick. or tell them to check with the local red cross, salavation army, local churches, that honestly help out people who have fallen on hard times. i could work this arguement for years . even the catholics will help you. if the need is worthy. tell them to stand in line for free food , at the local church. that does real charity work. that will really burn them. john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit