It's My Turn

by Life Is Grand 17 Replies latest jw friends

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

Welcome to the forum!! ~ I am glad those feelings of 'guilt' didn't make you go back!!! I am glad you shared your story with us and that you found this site!!

• What-A-Coincidence
  • Life Is Grand
    Life Is Grand

Thank you all so much for your warm welcomes!

Virgochik-My dad actually passed away in 1992 but my parents stayed together until the day he died-amazing how love can persevere even through such huge obstacles as religious divisions...

In regards to the guilt being due to being in the religion from such a young age-I'm not sure what causes it-my thought is that it is a brainwashing issue-when you are told the way to behave and all the things that are wrong to do year upon year for so many years....I don't know if the guilt or the doubt ever really truly goes away from deep down inside.

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Life Is Grand!

That was pretty much it-from then on, I lived my "worldly" life-made many mistakes along the way(a very bad and abusive marriage was the biggest one).....

Many JW wives have the same problem. The key is that you were free to make your own mistakes and to correct them without the WTBTS interfering!

Tammy

• Poodles
    Poodles

Welcome Sweetie

Hope you like it here!!

Poodles/Paula

• luna2
    luna2

Hi ya, LiG! Welcome.

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

Welcome to the board LiG,

"I don't know if the guilt or the doubt ever really truly goes away from deep down inside."

Doubt, fears, guilt, beliefs... perverted survival mechanisms and confusing irrationalities etched into our systems like fear of spiders, like phobics we're forever checking under the bed before being able to sleep. Doing your homework will drive out the demons that gotta go and make peace with the ones that gonna stay.
    Happy birthday. I plan on celebrating mine too if stop hating them so much.
    VG

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome life is grand!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit