my experiences (new user =))

by Lehtiveli 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    I can not believe you actually lived through stuff like that... I would have broken down crying and confused.

I-follow-the-narrow-path

You don't seem to have read into jwism very far

- like the elder dad, who after raping his daughter, taunts her with the "two witnesses, so you can't prove it" thing, retaining support from the 'good ol' boys' simply because he's willing to boost their morale with the extolled "I'm a jw " public display of himself -

You can find things written by ex-witnesses that seem almost unique among human behaviour

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, lehitevi. I really liked your story. It is amazing how alike are the stories of children growing up as Witnesses. I bet you and your friend singlehandedly can help BRING DOWN those conversion numbers in Finland.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Now why would anyone be shocked at this experience being so similar to those of others around the world. After all, its a worldwide un-brotherhood.

W.Once

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

Welcome Lehtiveli,
    Your English is fine; I hope you will keep posting here.
    We outside the Anglo-Saxon world grew up in a USA religious subculture.
    But, as you implied, good stuff happens in the States just the same: for one, the “sun” shines more often than in Finland or the Netherlands.
    I was thinking the other day that the global, international aspect of the org is something that I perhaps miss; being part of/belonging to something “bigger”.
    Now that we have left the nest of mother org, we face the even bigger world that is out there.
    Experiences from country to country are similar, if not nearly identical. All over the world, the spiritual paradise – especially with hindsight – felt like virtual hell. That unites us now as well.
    So it is a shame that despite many non-English speaking exJW’s no doubt having an adequate level of English language proficiency, they for some reason do not post here. Perhaps the culture-specific vernacular is a problem.
    IMO, JWD is a treasure trove of valuable information and research, comfort and intelligent conversation and insight way way above that to be found anywhere within my small native language zone.
    So to all you in mainland Europe out there: come post here and share!
    VG

• Lehtiveli
    Lehtiveli

Reply to: I-follow-the-narrow-path
    Of course I was told to preach every schoolmate, so that's how they knew that I was a JW.
    Every good JW has to preach to everyone and I did that, because I was too young and too stupid back then

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Lehiveli, and welcome to the board.

I enjoyed reading your story, thanks for sharing.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome Lehtiveli! Interesting story - thanks for sharing!

• shangri-la
    shangri-la

Welcome and thanks for sharing your story.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Welcome Lehtivelli:

I read your story, the childhood-stuff reminded me of my own (except for the axe-thing).

One of my best friends encouraged me all the time to get baptised. In Finland, every male has to go to army at age of 18, so most JW children get baptised before that to get "free pass" from army.

Lol, same in my country (I`m norwegian ). Only we get civil service instead.

Finland sounds great, I`ve never been there, but one of my favorite authors is Finnish, Vaino Linna. Anyway, welcome!

• Lehtiveli
    Lehtiveli

To hellrider:

Yep.. In Finland, goverment has decided that it is easier to give free pass to every JW than to force them to jail. Because some years ago, civil service was not accepted by JW's. Now, when they do accept civil services, many smaller organizations try to change law so JW's should go to civil service also. But now, if you are baptised JW, you get an automatic free pass for 3 years, and then you have to renew it (with paper from congregation) and then you get 3 more years and so on.. Final free pass comes when you are 29 years old.

So you must be "active JW" (spreading the word, giving watchtowers to everyone) and send reports to your congregation to get pass for army.
    Free pass renewals go usually like this:
    1st is when you are 18 years old when every male goes to "draft force".
    2nd is when you are 21 years old.
    3rd is when you are 24.
    4th is when you are 26-27.
    5th is usually when you are 29 and that's final free pass.

So if you are "inactive member" you don't get paper from your congragation and that means civil service. If you apply for civil service, most likely you get problems with elders and they will probably disfellowship you. Because they think it is easier to start field service than go to civil service. That's one way to keep males in organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit