What are you doing Memorial Day weekend?

by juni 29 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2

Very nice invite, Darth Y. Such cute kidlettes!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Darth,

Your kids are sooo adorable!

• xjwms
    xjwms

I don't want to.......................but

I am traveling to northern Wisconsin for my nephews graduation

will be staying at a hotel.........I would stay with my sister.........

but, ... my brother-in-law and I are not on the same page...........ifyaknowwhatimean.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Thanks Luna2 and Serendipity. I was up Thursday night till almost 2pm trying to get them out in the mail on Friday. That is extremely late for me considering Im usually in bed by around 9:30 / 10:00 pm at the latest. Nothing like waiting till the last minute, is what I always say. LOL.

• whyizit
    whyizit

Off to the races, for me! To THE RACE, that is! The Indy 500!

Look for me in turn 3! :0)

• parakeet
    parakeet

"Celebrating wedding anniversary. 6 wonderful years. Funny, they all said my marriage wouldn't last since I didn't marry a witness."
    They said the same thing to me. We're married more than 30 years. Happily.

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: What are you doing Memorial Day weekend?
    In 1991 my wife and I started to visit the grave sites of my dead relatives. We visit three cemeteries for my family and one for hers. My farthest cemetery is about 90 miles from home. To visit my side of the family takes one short day. We start mid morning and end at a favorite restaurant about 50 miles from home for a late lunch.

My wife's family cemetery is 100 miles in a different direction than mine, so we make that a second day.

We always make it a nice day and we plan Saturday, so if Saturday is rainy or cold we can opt to wait till Sunday or Monday. Saturday is best to avoid the crowds of Sunday and Monday both at the cemeteries and at the restaurant after.

I look forward to the trip. It's a nice day trip and it's a day for peaceful reflection on our resolutions. This year there were no new family additions to the cemetery maps.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Tt's the start of camping season, but because we have gotten rained out about 90% of the time, in the Seattle area, that particular weekend, we decided to never do it again. Now we go the weekend after Memorial Day because it's usually great weather.

This year, we have no plans, other than working in the yard, the downstairs bathroom remodel, and maybe going to see The Da Vinci Code.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Next Sunday my youngest is graduating High School , Party at our house afterwards. I worked all this weekend getting the gardens,yard, pond and deck looking presentable . I am beat ! ..... 45 isn't suppose to feel this old , is it ?

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Darth

I think you may have the two most gorgeous kids I've ever seen! Congrats!

Cog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit