What are you doing Memorial Day weekend?

by juni 29 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

Hopefully it will be a beautiful weekend. We always get together with our entire family (kids and grandkids) for an all day picnic and fun and then watch the small town parades.

And then this weekend we will be playing "catch-up" with outdoor projects on the house that we couldn't get to because of the rain.

Have to go now to take care of my granddaughter.

Juni

• Emma
    Emma

Celebrating my oldest kids birthday! Big, tall cake and lots of good food, a cook out if the weather is nice. Maybe some gardening if there's time.

Emma, of the I Love Birthday's Class!!!

• blondie
    blondie

Should I go to the DC?

• ferret
    ferret

It is also a holiday in Canada on monday. Myself and two grandsons ars heading to algonquin park for four days camping. It is in northern Ontario about a 5-6 hr. drive from home.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Celebrating wedding anniversary. 6 wonderful years.

Funny, they all said my marriage wouldn't last since I didn't marry a witness.

• merfi
    merfi

Hi Juni! Sounds like a great weekend you have planned.

For my Mem Day weekend - my mom's retirement coffee is the 26th, so will be doing that. Saturday, my cousin and brother and I are meeting at my mom and uncle's to bury my granny's ashes and scatter some at the farm she lived on for some 70 years. Us grandkids will prolly just hang out and eat, drink, be merry... Not sure what Sunday or Monday has planned yet, but probably just some relaxation, a little gym time and a nap or two.

The one thing I'm doing different this year than last is flying the flag from my house.

~merfi

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Not going to the DC

• daystar
    daystar

My ex-wife has only seen our son for one hour in the past month (complicated story), so she asked if we can do something for Memorial. I'm going to have to since it's, you know, his mom, and he misses her.

I'd rather do just about anything else though.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Field service - need to catch up on my Special Pioneer hours. Saturday 9 - 6, Sunday 12-10, Monday 9 - 9.

Ferret-

Camped many years in Algonquin- canoe portaging and camping.

• luna2
    luna2

Nothing Saturday and Sunday, working Monday. Ah, such an exciting life. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit