What Exactly Is Your Relationship With Your Family Since Leaving The JWs?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I'm closer to my mom than ever before. But all the other Witness family stays away.

• Emma
    Emma

Pretty much non-existant.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

My parents are the only jw's on both sides of the family. They will talk to me occasionally but the conversations are superficial and short, and most often family business related. Of course, there's always the "I love you" at the end, but it means so little without actions to back it up.
    My brother and I though have gotten even closer since I left the org. He was never baptized but still on some level believed it was "the truth". Now that I've left and shared with him what I know about the org he's a much happier and freer person. We talk almost every day and feel a real kinship. What I've lost in my parents I've gained in my brother.
    tall penguin

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I am dead to them and sadly they don't see dead people.

• Fleur
    Fleur

I am dead to them and sadly they don't see dead people.

(((((((((((((((((Crumpet)))))))))))))))))))))))

ditto that for me. With the exception of my parents (who need me) and a sibling who's 'drifted', they don't know I exist either...and things with my mother, well, if you've read any of my posts you know how that is.

Sorry to everyone in the same situation. It just rots.

essie

• ferret
    ferret

SUCKS

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, my family "shunned" me when I was a good little dub...now that I avoid them, I get more calls (caller ID'd and ignored) than I ever did.

Blondie

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

My family is scattered, so we are not close to begin w/. As for my mom, "don't ask don't tell" works well for us. However, that just means she has no clue what is going on in my life. My nephew and I are pretty close. But we don't discuss religion. I figure it is more a matter of the fact that I am VERY different from most of my family, so we don't have much in common, including religion.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I lucked out with my Mom and Sister, they are df'd too. My Dad is inactive, and talks to me. My brother still talks to me and associates with me pretty much the same as always. I have a huge family, the rest of them wont say a word.

• Brigid
    Brigid

strained. cloaked. veiled.

but my relationship with my brother who recently went back is improving slightly and slowly. They do not know all my feelings about the org, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit