Double Standards?

by OpenFireGlass 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• dinah
    dinah

Open Fire Glass,

The only reason I can think of that you weren't trusted was because you have artistic ability and with that comes brains. Dubs hate brains and try to stomp them out whenever possible.

The college thing still pisses me off. Yeah, I could have gone but what was the point? The world was gonna end. What's the point in starting college?

Man, I hate those bastards.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    The only reason I can think of that you weren't trusted was because you have artistic ability and with that comes brains. Dubs hate brains and try to stomp them out whenever possible.

I also had a talent for doing tricks on my bike and skateboard... I understood their fear of me getting hurt... But I really had a knack for it... I wasn't no Tony Hawk, but...

When you' under 18 you need a parents signature to sign up at a competition... The skateboard was satans toy in my house... Other JW kids in my kindumb hall had skateboards...

Since I left my hose at a young age I definatly got distracted... Had to spend more time fending for myself, less time skateboarding...

I may not have made it into the X-Games, but I definatly was pro-sponsor material for my age(15-16)

Anyway... I still frequent Skateparks at age 33, and I still ride at my local BMX track... So all was not lost

• moanzy
    moanzy

My step-dad treated his kids very different than he treated myself and my sisters. He was terribly mean and scarry!! We couldn't date, he scrutinized our clothes, makeup and things like that, had curfews even when I didn't live at home.

While his boys when they were teen-agers were drunks and partiers. They didn't have curfews. My step-dad even watched very R-rated movies with them. With us girls we weren't even allowed to watch Superman.

Sorry you got the bum end in your family. My sisters had it even worse than myself.----could be why my oldest sister has disappeared not wanting to be found.

Moanzy

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    could be why my oldest sister has disappeared not wanting to be found.

I did that myself for 7 years... when I finally contacted them it was on my terms....

• moanzy
    moanzy

Thanks OFG!! Really, it gives me hope

Moanzy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit