Demonism and the Watch Tower, by Roy D. Goodrich. Anyone seen this?

by VM44 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

In 1969 Roy D. Goodrich published a book, "Demonism and the Watch Tower" that contains information about strange electronic medical devices used by "doctors" at Brooklyn Bethel.

It appears that Rutherford himself supported and endorsed the use of these quack electronic devices that also had a tie in with occultic practices and beliefs.

Roy Goodrich complained so much publicly about these occultic devices being used at Bethel that he was disfellowshipped!

This book today is impossible to find. Has anyone here seen a copy of it?

--VM44

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I'LL have to check the bethel library

• greendawn
    greendawn

I think both Rutherford and Russell despite their saintly public image were in fact deeply involved in demonism and what we know about their occultic involvement may be just the tip of the iceberg.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I can't speak on the book as I'm not familiar with it. However, when I was in Brooklyn in the early 70s Goodrich had an obsession with making personal to person collect phone calls to Nathan Knorr. I had a good friend who worked the 124 lobby who'd describe how several times an evening Goodrich would try to place these calls and they, of course, always refused them.

I believe Goodrich died in the latter part of the 70s.

• VM44
    VM44

Social Security Data gives the following for Roy and his wife Maud. --VM44

Roy Goodrich, 15-Oct-1886 to Dec, 1976

Maud Goodrich, 09-Aug-1886 to Jul, 1981

• VM44
    VM44

"when I was in Brooklyn in the early 70s Goodrich had an obsession with making personal to person collect phone calls to Nathan Knorr."

Hmmmmm, OhhhhKaaay, Attempting to make multiple collect phone calls from Ft. Lauderdale, FL to Knorr in Brooklyn, NY? Sounds perfectly normal to me. :)

One wonders what was so important that Roy couldn't have just written a letter. Indeed, he probably wrote letters to Knorr as well!

Here is a citation for the book.

Roy Goodrich, "Demonism and the Watch Tower", (Ft. Lauderdale, FL.: The Bible Way Publications), 1969

--VM44

• rebel8
  • plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    quack electronic devices

In all fairness indorsing stupid things is something that has been going on throughout history by lots of people. That alone doesn’t amount to demonism but nothing other then stupid stuff that didn’t work. Don’t forget how we got our light bulbs. He was said to be a quack as well. Radiation therapy was killing people in hideous ways when it first came on the scene.

I agree that the wts is probably closer to Satan then his own demons but not through electronic devices.

• rebel8
    rebel8

plm, There is a connection btwn the device and spirit mediums/demons/ouija/etc....full article at the link.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I read the entire article and found nothing surprising about it. It only shows how ignorant they were.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit