What happed if two Mormon Elders and two Jehovahs witness meet together?

by Ray 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ray
    Ray

Anybody ?

• JH
    JH

One would say, we have more members than you

And the other one would say, we have more pedofiles than you

• blondie
    blondie

It this the set up for a joke...a punchline?

Actually, I have met with several Mormon elders over the years and had an interesting conversation...just like JWs they are more familiar with their doctrine than the Bible.

Blondie

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i read at the big love forum at www.televisionwithoutpity.com that mormons dont shun those that are excommunicated .. that suprised me..wonder if thats true.. i guess 2 mormon elders and 2 jw elders could swap disfellowshipment warfare tactics!

• james_woods
    james_woods

The Mormon elder's underwear would be more holy than the Witnesses. They have several wives each to sew them up...

• mrsjones5
  • greendawn
    greendawn

They can talk about their common masonic connections since Smith was a mason and Russell almost certainly was one. And about their outlandish cultic beliefs mormons are polygamous and JWs don't accept life saving blood transfusions.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Joke (this one has been told on the board before):

Two jws are walking down the street and happen to meet 2 mormons. The jws stop and say "We don't moved aside for false prophets."

The mormons walked around the jws and said "We do."

Josie

• under_believer
    under_believer

Happened to me a couple of times. We would end up talking shop about knocking on doors.

• undercover
    undercover
    i read at the big love forum at www.televisionwithoutpity.com that mormons dont shun those that are excommunicated .. that suprised me..wonder if thats true..

The way I understand it: Mormons do not have an "official" policy of shunning excommunicated ones. But in true high control cult fashion, they coerce and influence their members to avoid ex-members so as to not become mixed up with things unholy.

So, while we deplore the "official" policy the WTS has, the Mormons don't even have anything solid to refer to to condemn the practice. Ex-Mormons are a lot like us, you have to have had to be one to know what it was like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit