So much for my fade

by LeftBehind 26 Replies latest jw friends

• LeftBehind
    LeftBehind

I've always known deep down that I would not be able to fade because well my family would not let me and were keeping such close tabs on me I was bound to be found out sooner or later. That day has finally come. I was "caught" associating with my apostate brother. You know what though I am glad that it is finally out in the open. Now I can be df'd and I can go about living my life. My parents told me to expect a letter informing me when a JC is to be held. I told them to tell the elders not to waste the postage and that I would put anything on the internet they sent me. I was pissed off when I told them that and I kind of regret saying that but I had completely had it with them invading my privacy. After they "busted" us on my patio and were talking down to both of us. The way they were acting it was like they caught me having an affair or something. It was so stupid how it went down. I told them to leave. I have been thinking about sending the elders a letter telling them I fired their publishing company as my religion. I am 98% sure I will do that. So I predict within the next 2 weeks it will be announced that LeftBehind is no longer a JW and I could not be happier. Ya it's going to suck not having my family in my life and being shunned but I will have the freedom that comes with being df'd and I think it's worth that price.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

That's excellent, LeftBehind! If they fear making a move because everything stupid they do goes on the internet, it will really intimidate them! They can't bully people in secrecy any more, instead, they'll be on the run!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I'm happy and sad for you at the same time.

You are doing the moral thing. The shunning and forced family break-ups is immoral.

Take care.

-Aude.

• serendipity
    serendipity

It's too late now, but you could have told them: "We were discussing family business related to how best to care for you when you get old. The WTS allows that, don't they?" Then smile.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Oh. I just remembered - Is it your parents who are the 'trash snoopers'??

Oh man!! That's just plain pathetic. Aren't you GLAD to be out of that cult? I know I am.

It's really sad to think that they (and we have done it to greater or lesser degrees) would spend such time and emotion on something really quite silly. What are reading and then tossing in the trash? Talking to your own brother?? For shame.

How outrageous is that?? It's just something that only JW's and ex-JW's can believe. The rest of the world thinks that they have missed some integral part of the story. But it really is as simple as talking to your brother. About anything or nothing. BAM! Not many people in the universe even think to ask 'What were you talking to your brother about?'.

Happy to be away from (most of) the crazies...

-Aude.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Left Behind I'm sorry to hear it. You've been through a complete 180 since you first posted on this board. I am happy that you have your brother by your side but its so sad to hear about the treatment from the rest of the family.

Hang in there pet.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Being d/f is such a wonderful feeling, finally you can become you, not some 19th century white man's slave.

It is a shame about your family, no JW ever gets to leave without some damage to their lives.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings LeftBehind

How dare they look down on you for talking with your brother.

Dismembered

• Es
    Es

Many congrats

enjoy your new found freedom

es

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

Hi leftbehind, as much as it hurt's to have family member's shun you, It feel's so good to not have to deal with the stress of hiding who you really are, and what you really want. Now you are free to be YOU. :) Take Care! MP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit