So much for my fade

by LeftBehind 26 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

While in a sense you will be free from the organization...don't stop pursuing real freedom and happiness...you have a lot to unlearn, as do we all.

Good Luck!

WLG

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

You could probably still stay in by just playing their stupid little game.

Act repentant and all that if it's worth it.

decisions, decisions Good Luck

• Balsam
    Balsam

I've about come to the conclusion it is impossible to leave without some hassle or another. If you fade then you constantly have your JW family bugging you and asking questions and giving you no peace what so ever. If your disassociated or disfellowshipped then they JW family never want to speak to you ever again. With being a JW it is a lose lose situation no matter how you do it. I guess you just have to get pissed off and say enough is enough when you've had enough of the garbage. Thing is you lose your family.

But if a family is so shallow in their love for you so as to actually carry though and shun you, did they ever really love you in the first place or were just another convert for their first love the WTBTS?

Sadly it seems that some kids and parents feel exactly that way about people they say they love. Ready to kick them to the street as soon as they feel that person no longer worships at the same table they do. I don't believe that is real love, but just a facade hiding their total inability to really love.

Since I was disfellowshipped I have felt so good. Then in time both my sons were disfellowshipped and now they share the same freedom I have. Those who we once cared about are shrinking in importance in our lives because they are no longer part of it. It's not a bad thing really, but it takes some time to realize it.

Stand up for yourself and don't take anymore crap, you and your brother have each other and that is wonderful.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Having it done and over with is going to be refreshing for you. Know at least you don't have to hide who you are. Firing the publishing company! Good one. I wish you the best.

-drew

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Glad you have your brother. Wish you the best

• jgnat
    jgnat

Having parents LOOKING for a reason to DF you has got to hurt. Are they BEGGING for an excuse not to talk to you again?

• LDH
    LDH
    I was "caught" associating with my apostate brother.

I was df'd at 23 (2nd time) because I was living with my sister who wrote a letter disassociating herself.

Jim Smith and Jim Seward came and sat at her table to tell me if I didn't move out, I would be unrepentantly associating with a known apostate.

I told them to go ahead and df me, it didn't matter.

Sorry about all of this, but at least you have your brother.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit