The cards are stacked in the WTS favor this summer

by Gregor 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

The upcoming DC program, whatever it is, will have a very receptive audience. If the WTS was ever going to do anything audacious, now is the time. They will be allowed to get away with anything they say. WHY?

Think about this.

Today we have more 'media' (internet, television, motion pictures, radio, etc.) than ever before in the history of mankind. 90% of this media is supported through commercial means. They must draw an audience. What draws an audience? FEAR of whats happenng in our shrinking world. IRAQ, IRAN, NORTH KOREA, NUCLEAR THREAT, TERRORISM, ENERGY, GLOBAL WARMING, BIRD FLU, EARTHQUAKES, TSUNAMIS... you can add to the list yourself because you have been exposed to this media too. But JWs have a pacifier to comfort them. They can jump in the bed and pull the Watchtower blanket over their head and suck on their promises and just like a pacifier they will be soothed for a time, but they will receive no sustenance from it.

A positive message about todays world can never be embraced by either the WTS or the popular media. Only an open minded person with some knowledge of human history can read between the lines and realize that mankind has never been in a better place.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

You can only cry "The Sky is Falling!!!" so many times before everyone stops listening.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

You guys are making me look forward to the covention

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I agree w/ Elsewhere. Remember the assembly where they said the end is near because the governments are saying "peace and security" I remember thinking OMG OMG it is here, it is right around the corner. But alas, it was not and the beat goes on and the beat goes on.

This is a religion that will spin the tale to suit its purpose. I remember that when the "end did not come" even after the world leaders were saying "peace and security" the WTBTS said it was because there was yet more "harvesting" to do. The work has sped up and has slowed down, with each proclamation being touted as something significant, but in the end of little value.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I agree with Elsewhere as well. They have been using world conditions to "prove" we are close to the end for years. The message is now stale, but still they keep plugging it. The dubs will still buy it, they always have, but I doubt they'll convince too many non - jws with that crap anymore. Theyv'e been hearing it too long.

• justsomedude
    justsomedude
    You can only cry "The Sky is Falling!!!" so many times before everyone stops listening.

Unfortunately they have a 130 year track record that says otherwise.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I believe there is a bedrock constituency of JWs who can be led by the nose indefinetly. They are anxious and eager to embrace a new explanation for why the last explanation didn't work out. Many of them have, literally, given up everything to take the WT path, family, education, blood for loved ones, etc. It is beyond credibility now, they have thrown their lives into the gaping maw of the WT doctrine and couldn't imagine trying to crawl out of it.

If the 'new light' revealed in '95 about the generation of 1914 did not discourage them, nothing will.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

If the 'new light' revealed in '95 about the generation of 1914 did not discourage them, nothing will.

WHY? the damn "Where shall we go?" thinking is set in place. They will stay but remain disillusioned.

• Gregor
    Gregor

What-a-c.

EXACTAMUNDO!!

• grissom6471
    grissom6471

I don't see what that has to do with the Watchtower or stacked in favor, that is just a fulfillment of Biblical prophesy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit