When Did You Start To S L O W Down In The "Truth"???

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• snarf
    snarf

I was a struggling single mom, and since I had limited income, I was propsitioned to share a hotel room with another single mom sister in the congregation. She didn't have a credit card so she asked if I would reserve the room with mine and then she would just pay me in cash for her share of the room. After the room was charged on my card a week before the convention, she backed out saying she already promsed another couple earlier that year that she would share with them. They were a couple that had extra money, and I was upset to be in that situation, and she felt no responsibility to pay anything towards the room. Then my daughter and I were not asked out for dinner once the whole convention. I was really hurt. After the convention was over I was asked to a bar-b-que at a couples house later that night where almost everyone was going. Well, apparently on the way home everyone changed plans and met up at a restaurant, and no one showed at the couples house. I had a cell phone so it wasn't like they couldn't have contacted me. I was always getting invited out when it wasn't convention time, so it wasn't like I didn't have any "friends". I finally saw their true colors and disrespectful ways.

• Balsam
    Balsam

When I realized that I was more inportant to stick with a cheating, scumbag JW husband so we would not bring reproach on the witnesses by getting divorced. Even then I stayed and we ended up having three sons and raising them in it. Once my boys came I slowed down big time, the wind had gone out of my sails. No more 10 hrs a month ever. I coasted like that for years until my JW husband started physical abuse and my boys were big enough to stop him for ever doing it again. Finally when my boy's were nearly grown I left. It took a ton of courage to leave that religion and that rotten marriage.

• blondie
    blondie

When I realized that attending meetings and field service did not please God and not even the humans who said it was important.

• JH
    JH

I slowed down, when I noticed that they were abusing of me.

Yes abusing of my time, energy, and they were never satisfied with what I gave, although I gave alot.

• caligirl
    caligirl

As soon as I moved out of my parents house! It was so great to be able to choose to stay in bed instead of getting up in the morning!

• serendipity
    serendipity

I slowed down in 1988 when I started dating the 'worldly' man who ended up fathering my child. I guess you could say it was the desire to be loved that slowed me down. And hormones.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

About 2 years after I got baptised I started to get sick of the whole thing. I was questioning everything, but the chokehold the borg had on me was tight. It took another 4 years for me to finally gather up the guts to do some real research.

• Honesty
    Honesty

When I realised that the 'Good News' I had been preaching from house to house and door to door wasn't the Good News that Jesus or the early church preached.

I was mislead by the Jehovah's Witnesses and in turn, I was misleading others.

• sir82
    sir82

fullofdoubtnow,

We had a child abuse case in our kh last year, and though the abuser eventually confessed to the police and received a prison sentence, he is still a jw as he has repented, and will be welcomed back on his release, whereas his now ex - wife and his 2 baptised daughters have been df'd for going to the police.

I'm very surprised by this. Here in the US, a few years ago, thre was a letter read to the elders in which it was stated that the parents had "an absolute right" to go to the police if they so chose. It specifically said that no juducial action should be taken against parents who do so.

Do you know what specific charge the wife & daughters were D-F'ed for? Slander, loose conduct, etc.?

• minimus
    minimus

Sir, my guess is that "slander" would be it. UNLESS the ELDERS came to the conclusions that the charges were true (which might be impossible or take a ridiculous amount of time) any vocalizing of alleged abuse is a no-no. The elders would instruct the victims to stop publicly announcing so-and-so is an abuser. If they didn't, then it was judicial time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit