When Did You Start To S L O W Down In The "Truth"???

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

When you look back at it, what got you to slow down??

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

at birth

• fairchild
    fairchild

I never slowed down. I stopped suddenly after finding JWD

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I started to have doubts last summer, and deliberately missed a few meetings, something I had never previously done. We had a child abuse case in our kh last year, and though the abuser eventually confessed to the police and received a prison sentence, he is still a jw as he has repented, and will be welcomed back on his release, whereas his now ex - wife and his 2 baptised daughters have been df'd for going to the police. I wondered at the justice of that.

I got into trouble with the elders for talking to a da'd brother, and not long afterwards, after doing quite a bit of research, I was no longer slowing down in the "truth". I had stopped.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Two things made me slow down. First, a MS enlightened me about the reporting of time™. Time actually spent in service™ was not to be reported. It was better to make up the numbers, so as to keep elders off your ass.

Also, once I discovered that most JWs were complete assholes, I didn't want to convert anyone. I wasn't happy as a JW, and I had no desire to convince others to screw up their lives as I did. I reached this point within 3 months of my baptism.

W

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

It slowed down for me after I had my first child. Seeing the Watchtower cult through the eyes of a child changed my perspective a lot. I could not imagine myself being a little child and sitting through all five boring meetings. I couldn't see myself telling my child not to go to college or participate in regular school activities. I sure as heck wasn't about to let anyone tell me I couldn't talk to my own flesh and blood (if they were to leave the cult after getting DA or DF for example.) Happily I made my exit before they were out of elementary school. I'm so glad to be outta there!

Not having been in the cult until my late teens, I didn't get a real feel for what it would be like for a young child until I had my own. My children helped me to see the truth about "the truth."

YoursChelbie

• greendawn
    greendawn

It was after realising that there was no real fraternal love in this org and that it was being run along totalitarian lines which to me were not theocratic but anti christian.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Easy--when I got publically reproved.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i started to slow down when my world was falling apart and the only advice the elders had was to DO MORE.

at that point i realized they arent shepards. they're sales managers.

• rekless
    rekless

when they came out and revised the generation thingy in 91 or 92 0r 98 oh well the generation thingy for sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit