Yet another place to mess with the Dubs !

by rwagoner 12 Replies latest jw friends

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Yahoo Answers !!

This is a great place where people post questions about most anything and people post answers. If you search for "jehovah" you will find lots of good little dubs asking why people dont like them and answering questions from people wondering why they are so annoying ! LOL

Enjoy !

RandyW

• blondie
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Not to change the subject - but rwagoner - are you being affected by the flooding up there today?

Jeff

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Flooding is not bad in our town but lots of damage & roads underwater all around us. Thanks for asking.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Hey Wagoner,

Hunker down well as I have a cousin in Portsmouth ( do not know where you are) and she says that her whole basement is flooded by about 3 ft of water and that a very big part of the state is being closed down town by town. Take care and keep your boots handy!!!

Mary in Vermont

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good idea. I hope people dont get too aggresive in there answers as it will scare all the JWs away.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Bangor Maine no flooding but forecast a week of rain coming..http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/;_ylt=AqchLyJgcN4RW..BF9u0emTzy6IX?link=list&sid=396545163 Yahoo answers Religion

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

http://answers.yahoo.com/search/search_result;_ylt=AjMHuJ3L4nICjlGLcX0DJzrzy6IX?p=jehovah%27s+witnesses JW specific

Search Results

1 - 10 of 422

1. What are the religious beliefs/dogma/practices of Jehovah's Witnesses?

...desire of Jehovah's Witnesses that you...Acts 17:11) Jehovah's Witnesses believe that...history of Jehovah's Witnesses in modern...

Asked by ryan5555 - 4 weeks ago - Religion & Spirituality - 12 Answers - Resolved

2. Did Jehovah's Witnesses Predict "The End" in 1975?

What is your fascination with Jehovah's witnesses? You ask basically the same question every time. Do...

Asked by jethrojimbob - 1 month ago - Religion & Spirituality - 21 Answers - Resolved

3. Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe they are the only one's going to heaven?

...39;m wondering how Jehovah's Witnesses resolve Revelation...Virgins (unmarried). A Jehovah's Witness once told me that...

Asked by howardje2001 - 2 months ago - Religion & Spirituality - 11 Answers - Resolved

4. Does the Watchtower teach today that ONLY Jehovah's Witnesses can receive everlasting life?

...off into life, and few are the ones finding it." Jehovah's Witnesses believe that they have found it. Otherwise, they would...

Asked by jethrojimbob - 4 weeks ago - Religion & Spirituality - 20 Answers - Resolved

5. Why do Jehovah's Witnesses abstain from blood transfusions or storage?

...transfusion reactions and Rh sensitization.” Jehovah’s Witnesses have no religious objection to the use of nonblood plasma...

Asked by frank? - 4 months ago - Religion & Spirituality - 7 Answers - Resolved

6. what is the leadership structures of Jehovah's witnesses?

...fellow workers with the congregation. Every baptized Jehovah's Witness is considered an ordained minister and every active Witness...

Asked by im99percent_stupid - 2 months ago - - 2 Answers - Resolved

7. Which of the following beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses do you like or dislike?

Being one of Jehovah's Witnesses since the age of 15...another against the Jehovah's Witness faith. The Bible completely...

Asked by 2mehear - 3 months ago - Religion & Spirituality - 8 Answers - Resolved

8. Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Worship Jesus?

...act sneaky and try to influence Jehovah's people? Jehovah's Witnesses worship Jehovah God. He alone deserves exclusive devotion...

Asked by jethrojimbob - 3 months ago - Religion & Spirituality - 10 Answers - Resolved

9. How does a Christian disprove a Jehovah's Witness?

...Most of the Jehovah's Witnesses that I have...the average Jehovah's Witness. That said...of this, Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe...

Asked by william5000forever - 3 months ago - Religion & Spirituality - 14 Answers - Resolved

10. Why are there so many hateful questions and comments about Jehovah's Witnesses?

...all sorts of utterly stupid comments when it comes to Jehovah's Witnesses. Some say we don't believe in Jesus.....that'...

Asked by katlyn - 3 weeks ago - Religion & Spirituality - 15 Answers - Resolved

(422 results)
  • Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Your Open Question Lee (AKA SUNNYGAL) 3 hours ago Anyone ever talk to JW's? What's up with them? Just curious if anyone knows why they visit at home. Do they just want to sell you their magazines, or is there another purpose? 6 Answers Donald Shaw 3 hours ago Report Abuse They are still trying to find 144,000 people to join who aren't kooks. Alex should ... 3 hours ago Report Abuse I think it's part of their religion to help you. I'd imagine that if you were a truly religious person, you would despair that there were others who hadn't realised the truth that you knew. And if your religion advocated helping others, you'd want to reach out to them and share your beliefs. Some Jehovah's Witnesses came to my home last year, and I didn't want to be rude to them, because they didn't mean any harm, so I accepted their magazine. And we talked a little while about beliefs; I think it's healthy to hear opposing opinions to your own - after all, that's the only way to arrive at what you believe. But in the end I had to tell them that I was unconvinced, but they came back anyway, and now I have to hide from them. Derek S 3 hours ago Report Abuse Yes I have. What is up with them? They actually believe this guy turned water into wine. They also believe the guy rose from the dead. The funniest thing is they believe that guy's mother was a virgin when she gave birth to him. It's the craziest thing I've ever heard of! I do appreciate the fact that they conserve gas by riding bicycles. Personally I was never charged for the reading materials. I don't mind because there are far worse ways to try to convert someone to their beliefs. At least they are not trading salvation for food to famine victims. That is truly disgusting. Modified 3 hours ago sunpekes 3 hours ago Report Abuse It is an educational system put in place by God. His son Jesus told us to go and make desciples/ (followers of Jesus), and we do exactly that. It involves going to where the people are and distributing literature to interested people. No! The materials are not sold, but we do ask people if they want to voluntarily make a donation. We pay for what we distribute, not the receiver. You should consider yourself fortunate we were told to call on you. Many would rather not because of the hatred they encounter. But, Jesus said people would hate us, and we expect it. He said they would because they hated him. Be blessed! God loves you! Source(s): http://watchtower.org music_girl 2 hours ago Report Abuse Their magazines are free, and are often good reading. I know a JW - a co-worker that I discuss Christianity with often. He's a good guy, and he's very polite and not at all pushy. I've never asked him why JW's go door-to-door, but in my opinion, it's done with the intention of helping others based on their beliefs. kj 2 hours ago Report Abuse I think their main goal is converting people to their way of thinking. I once had an acquaitance who was JW. I invited her over to my house so she could explain her beliefs to me. I told her right up front she wasn't going to change my mind because my faith is too strong. I only wanted to hear her beliefs so I could understand her as a person, and understand their faith. I learned a lot, but I didn't agree and politely told her so, and we had a great conversation on that basis. A year or so later we moved and ended up right next door to them. Once she found out I was there, she began putting their publication on my doorstep once a month. I decided to share my faith with her at that point and began putting a Presbyterian publication on HER doorstep monthly. When she stopped sharing, I did too. Our relationship never progressed past casual acquaintance/good neighbor. (Mormons travel door-do-door as well. Only a few have knocked on my door. I told them I wouldn't talk to them unless I knew they were wearing their temple underwear. That usually upsets them to the point they leave on their own.)

• daystar
    daystar

Wow, just reading some of the responses from obviously active Witnesses makes me sad. I've asked before and I'm sure I'll ask again... how can they be so utterly blind?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit