Get`em while they`re young! (JWs, this is for you)

by Hellrider 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

There is a new girl on this forum. She is only 17, and she is having a "Bible study" (Watchtower indoctrination program) with a Jehovahs Witness-woman. From what I understand, after having chatted with her in a thread on this forum, her parents are not JWs, but are allowing her to have this study. And, after chatting a bit with her here, I can easily see in her posts that she is a very young, naive girl, who knows little about religion, the Bible, and probably life in general. She is probably brainwashed beyond hope allready. It doesn`t take long when they`re that young. So JWs, I want to ask you this:

Do you think it`s right and fair to have one of your "Bible studies" with a girl that young? What the hell does a 17-yearold know about anything? How would you feel if you heard that the Mormons or Scientologists or whatever other wacky group were converting 17-yearolds?

I can`t fucking wait to hear your responses.

SHAME ON YOU, JWs!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    How would you feel if you heard that the Mormons or Scientologists or whatever other wacky group were converting 17-yearolds?

This analogy doesn't work for a JW, remember, they think they are saving her. The rank and file, most likely those studying with her really believe they are helping people, most of the time. From what I have seen and experienced, the higher ranking people are the ones who know enough to be accountable for furthering a lie.

• carla
    carla

It's my understanding that jw's are supposed to have parental approval with minors. However, they don't always follow this rule ( suprise, suprise) as they are 'saving' the person and family relationships don't matter as much as saving the person from impending doom. I know my jw has tried to influence a minor in our extended family. Too bad I got to the kids and parents first! Luckily the parents had a minimum knowledge already and I filled in the blanks. His own behavior and personality changes spoke volumes already though.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I doubt she appreciates your demeaning her intelligence. She has demonstrated greater than usual caution by just seeking out opposing views. Give her slack, we all fell for it.

• KW13
    KW13

hellrider. i am talking to her on msn, don't wanna cause trouble but actually she's listening and reasoning with me. the forum scares her.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Hey lets not forget she has a name, Elizabeth and she also has feelings.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

PeacefulPete and dr-Jekyll: You`re right, I did sound condescending in that post. I never meant to insult her intelligence, I just wanted to point out that from her posts, it was very obvious that she was as young as her age indicates. She appears to know little about the Bible, and about how manipulative people can be. This is very natural of course, she is very young. My outrage was directed towards the people who obviously think it`s ok to have a "study" with someone that young. My apologies to the young girl in question, I didn`t mean to insult her, that was absolutely not my intentions.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Let's not forget that many much older and some who are educated get roped in as well. I applaud the young lady for having the prescense of mind to seek other opinions before making a commitment.
    I was 16 when I studied with the Witnesses at the urging of an Aunt. My mother didn't agree with the JWs and really got inscensed when I started buying into it. At the time, the early 1970s, the resources which now exist to have a closer look just weren't there. Now they are. So I'd like to Welcome Elizabeth to our forum and invite her to pull up a chair and listen to the stories she hears here. Probably the best way to examine any religion is to look at what it does to the lives of its adherents. We all know that she won't she a good feel for that from the Witnesses she meets because they are all intent on a conversion. However, she can get a good feel for it here by checking out the life stories of folks here.
    So, Elizabeth, ask yourself as you read if the experiences you encounter as many pour out their life stories represent the way you want to live YOUR life. Also ask yourself if what you see in many of these individuals who've been affected by the JWs represents what you want to become. Ask questions. Take the answers with a grain of salt. It may be that some exagerate just a bit. But I garauntee you that the JWs in your local congregation are exagerating alot as well.
    A critical examination of BOTH sides will get you closer to the truth of the matter.
    I wish you the best in your examination of the Jehovah's Wtinesses. I also hope that you enjoy your prescense on this forum.
    Forscher

• ObservingTexan
    ObservingTexan

Hey Hellrider.........how about a link to the thread where she has posted. I would like to check out what she's written. Thanks.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

She maybe searching for more. 17 is a vulnerable and confusing age. I was there too. But she's a smart chick for doing her research. Good luck Elizabeth!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit