Get`em while they`re young! (JWs, this is for you)

by Hellrider 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• geevee
    geevee

There is an organization in Australia called Bravehearts that have come out and are all for protecting the rights of young women 16-18 years of age from sexual predators who are 5 years plus older than them. Maybe they need to extend the web of protection to include religious predators too!!

• under_believer
    under_believer

I got baptized as a JW at 12; I knew someone who was baptized at 8. The WT study from today showed a girl about that age being baptized, as an EXAMPLE.
    Unconscionable.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I KNEW OF A YOUNG GIRL BAPTIZED AT 7 OR SO. DAMN!!! SHE IS ALSO HOMESCHOOLED AND STARTED PIONEERING REALLY REALLY YOUNG.

SHE LOOKS DAZED AND CONFUSED. I FEEL BAD FOR HER

kNIGHT tEMPLAR

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

My point with the post was to highlight that a 17-yearold is, no matter which way you cut it, still to young to know what`s good for you. At 17, you`re still a child. You have to be 18 or 21 in most countries to buy alcohol. Shopping for God at that young age can be much more dangerous than shopping for booze. When I hear about people baptised at 12, 10, 8, 7, I am just horrified. What the hell are the adults in the situation even thinking. Right, but there are, of course, many sick people in this world. Looks like the politicians have absolutely no knowledge about cults at all. It should be illegal to push religion on people that young.

This is what I wanted to say by that post. But I apologise to the young girl in question, I shouldn`t have used a real-world-example.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I was 14 years old when I was invited to the kingdom hall and offered a study. 14 years old!!!! They where hard after me to get baptised, which I didn't do untill I was 17. I can't imagine the Elder that studied with me letting his 14 year old kid go and study with another religion. The kind of things JWs end up doing can only be described as fanitical. They look for converts to THEIR religion, not converts to Christ or any other power. The motive is to make more Jehovah's Witnesses, no matter what the cost.
    It is a very shameful thing.

• kid-A
    kid-A

"Do you think it`s right and fair to have one of your "Bible studies" with a girl that young? What the hell does a 17-yearold know about anything? How would you feel if you heard that the Mormons or Scientologists or whatever other wacky group were converting 17-yearolds?"

I dont think there was anything condescending in this post. Hellrider was just telling it like it is. It is disgraceful for the WTS to be indocrinating young, highly impressionable and naive people like this. Its just another example of the WTS preying on individuals that are emotionally vulnerable and open to suggestion. This is how this organization continues to exist. Its great that this particular young person had the savvy to check out this website and hear the alternative viewpoints, but the point Hellrider makes is perfectly valid. Its equally shameful that the parents of such a teen-ager would stand by and allow this indoctrination to proceed.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Thank you, Kid-A. Yes, this girls parents must be pretty naive. I guess to most people, JWs are just those people who are very well dressed (always), who knock on doors and stands on street corners with magazines. It looks pretty harmless, but behind that pretty fasade, there is an ugly, ugly "Truth". I guess in the eyes of most people, the JWs aren`t that cultish (they`re not like hare Krishnas with shaved heads and stuff...) It`s to bad noone knows who this girl is, so they could contact her parents and talk some sense into them. On the other hand, judging from her posts, I think it`s to late allready.

I mean, brainwashing your own kids and having them baptised at a young age, that`s bad enough. But even going after someone elses kids, sucking them into cult-life at such a tender age...that really sucks.

• Sirona
    Sirona

<<<<<<<<<<study at 13, baptised at 15, dating at 17, engaged at 19 and married at 20.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit