Come One Come All Deliverence is near Get your Convention Program here

by Tea4Two 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie
    And of course the new publications are always released during the last talks Friday and Saturday.

But I can't imagine what release would go with "No Opposing Weapon or Tongue Will Succeed". It almost sounds like something just for JWs, along the lines of the "Proclaimers" book. Perhpas it is a brochure highlighting the various Court rulings in JWs' favor?

sir82, that, I'm sure you know is based on Isaiah 54:17:

(Isaiah 54:17) Any weapon whatever that will be formed against you will have no success, and any tongue at all that will rise up against you in the judgment you will condemn. . . .

WT publications on Isaiah are already in place.

It could be just as you said, reassurance about the problems in Russia, Uzbekistan, Georgia, France, Eritrea, Azerbaijan, Serbia, Tajikistan, Armenia, etc.

Blondie

• heathen
    heathen
    (Isaiah 54:17) Any weapon whatever that will be formed against you will have no success, and any tongue at all that will rise up against you in the judgment you will condemn. . . .

I guess it helps if you bribe officials and have alot of lawyers on retainer .LOL

• supersab
    supersab

Does anyone know where to find the dates for each city? I have to know so I can pretend that I am going when I talk to my mom who lives back east.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi supersab,

Welcome to the forum! If you're looking for US locations, here's the link:

http://www.jw-media.org/newsroom/index.htm?content=/region/americas/usa/english/releases/events/usa_e060406.htm

• supersab
    supersab

Thanks! I don't know why I bother keeping up the charade with mom. I guess it is because she is sick and really has nothing else in her life to hold onto except "the truth". Just today she was going on and on about how bad she feels because she can only turn in 1 or 2 hours of service time. She is legally blind, on dialysis every other day and is just in general bad health and all she can think about is "how am I going to handle the assembly"? " I feel so bad because I can't even read the WT anymore." She said she hopes Jehovah understands.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Conventions these days are mainly just boring, contrived experiences, interviews and demonstrations. All fluff and padding. The Society says its wicked for kids to attend birthdays because we shouldn't put ourselves on a pedestal, but at every convention or assembly they have loads of loyal dubbies come out onto the stage to tell everyone how clever and righteous they are.

• KW13
    KW13
    How Jehovah Delivers 'the Poor One Crying for Help'

He failed to hear me. Maybe he was on call?

• JH
    JH
    how long before folks get sick of hearing the same, again and again.

That's exactly it....people will never get tired of hearing that their deliverance is at hand. People are suffering and need a miracle. The message is nice, but it's not happening.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

This year for the first time in over 30 years in this religion publishing company I will not be going to the District ASSembly, my family and I will instead be on the beach taking in some sun somewhere, staying at a hotel to have actual family fun!!!! not wasting our precious time listening to this mind numbing rehash of trash!

IC

• Rooster
    Rooster

Estoril – Portugal

SCC 2001 Oct., 8th

Dear Brother:

Some days ago we received your letter in which you tell how worried you feel about something you read on an Online brochure of the United

Nations, about the WTBTS of New York. So we are glad to provide some commentaries about that matter.

Just at the beginning we want you to know that we appreciate your feelings about this matter and that you want to see Jehovah’s name and the

name of his earthly organization clean and holy.

While answering your question we would like to quote something, which is said in that brochure about what it means to be an NGO. In the

brochure we can read the following:

“What is an NGO? A non-governmental organization (NGO) is any non-profit, voluntary citizens’ group which is organized on a local, national

or international level. …NGO’s perform a variety of services and humanitarian functions; bring citizen’s concerns to Governments. …Some

are organized around specific issues, such as human rights, the environment or health. Their relationship with offices and agencies of the

United Nations System differs depending on their goals, their venue and their mandate.”

As mentioned above, the goals of the NGO’s registered with the DPI differ. Some of them are registered as Human Rights Organizations, as it

happens with the WTBTS of NY. (If you take a look, the Society is listed as an NGO which defends Human Rights). However, that doesn’t

mean that it [the Society] has nonbiblical links with the UN. As told above, the kind of relationship the NGO’s have with the offices and

agencies of the UN differ from one organization to another, depending of their own goals.

So, to make it easy to understand, what happens is that since the Society wants to defend the rights of our brothers in countries where their

human rights are violated, sending them medical care, food and other kind of assistance (as it happened in Rwanda and in many other countries

and most recently in Georgia, where our brothers are without the most elementary human rights). For this it is necessary that the Society be

registered at the UN as a Human Rights Organization. This is the only way to help our brothers, many times doing this while asking for

meetings with highly positioned members of governments, ambassadors and so on. However this does not mean that the Society is in any way

involved politically with the UN or giving support to their political decisions. No! Jehovah’s people continue to keep itself politically neutral.

We are just using a right which was given to us with the goal to –as Paul said- (…)

In biblical times the apostle Paul used his citizenship (a right given to him by the state without demanding a political involvement in state

affairs) as an argument to get a trial in the highest courts in the country giving a good testimony that way. (Acts 25:11) In the same way the

WTBTS of NY is making use of a position, which the UN gives to several non-governmental organizations without going against his Christian

neutrality. Doing this, the Organization is able to ‘defend and legally establish the good news’- Phil. 1:7.

A similar thing happens, as an example, with the unions. A Christian could, if he wished so, be associated with a union, which would defend

his rights as a worker, and he would pay his fee to the union getting benefits in case that the union would defend his rights if they would be

violated. However, even if the Christian could receive certain benefits while being associated with a union, he would not involve himself in the

union activities, nor would he accept any position in the union and he would not involve himself in any political activity, which would violate

his well, trained biblical conscience. The same rule applies to this matter you asked about. The brothers are just using a right given to them by

the UN when they got registered as a NGO defending Human Rights. So they can better assist the interests of our brothers and take care that

their voice is heard in the highest levels of governments (as Paul did) without at any time being involved or giving any kind of support to the

“beast” of Revelation.

So we appreciate your feelings but you can be assured that the WTBTS of NY is keeping his strict neutrality in political questions, while not

getting involved with anything which is non-biblical, nor giving any support to the “beast”.

We hope that this information will be helpful for you, brother, and that it may have cleared everything about this matter which made you feel

worry. Without any other issue at this time we close this letter and use the opportunity to send you our Christian love.

Your brothers,

Association of Jehovahs Witnesses

(Stamp)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit