Come One Come All Deliverence is near Get your Convention Program here

by Tea4Two 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

dmouse, in a recent WT study article, the rank and file were counseled for talking too much about their health and cures. Some JWs get into some pretty wild treatments, that the WTS feels borders on the supernatural.

Blondie

• KW13
    KW13

i think the lack of paradise, palm trees, polar bears, panda's e.t.c yet being told its around the corner isn't helping. you can't do that for 100 years + and then expect folks to believe its *here*.

the society will end up saying its a 'figurative paradise' and by being a witness, your in God's new order lol.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Carla, The third person in the marriage is supposedly Jehovah. This is the opening for all these other people to feel entitled to stick their nose in your marriage.

Cellist

• Fleur
    Fleur

Okay, I swear when I read this:

"Deliverance at Hand" is the theme for the Jehovah's Witnesses district convention May 26 to 28 at the Resch Center.

I read it as "At the Retch Center."

Perhaps a more appropriate venue for the event? :D

essie

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

the society will end up saying its a 'figurative paradise' and by being a witness, your in God's new order lol.
    Yep! New Light!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

well..i've been catching up on rated R movies i missed the first 40 yrs of my life..

in the past few months i finally saw Deliverance..

so i giggle at the title of this years convention..i have a sick sense of humor

my elderly parents are fretting about being healthy enough to go.. i told them not to try to go to all 3 days (its a 2 hours back and forth drive), the talks are all put in watchtowers later in the year..they wont miss anything. i'm hoping they'll settle for one day or not go at all. its too dangerous for my mom to sit that long because of her circulatory problems.

• Kudra
    Kudra

"Stewardship of the land is a vital issue. Members are family-oriented and pro-education."
    WTF!!!
    My ass...

-K

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I remember thinking how REALLY WORLDLY people were who didnt take Thursday and Friday off work to go to the assemblies. We were always being told about people who would get sacked rather than miss a precious day of the feast at Jehobahs table.

Fancy getting sacked just to listen to that same old same old

• heathen
    heathen

I thought they already said that . They are in the "spiritual" paradise .I agree tho that jesus is not the center of their worship , they claim not to worship jesus at all but only jehovah .

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two
    well..i've been catching up on rated R movies i missed the first 40 yrs of my life..

in the past few months i finally saw Deliverance..

so i giggle at the title of this years convention..i have a sick sense of humor

..are you thinking what I think your thinking? "Deliverence" the movie was on TV last week.

I watched it for the first time also

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit