FLUFF: Tell us your favorite weird movie, and...

by GentlyFeral 30 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Did anybody ever see "A Boy and His Dog"? Written by Harlan Ellison, starring a pre-Miami Vice Don Johnson as a horny teenager in a post-nuclear war world, traveling about looking for women with a telepathic dog who has a gift for finding them. Definitely way up there on the weirdness-meter.

I can't listen to "Stars and Stripes Forever" without thinking of the end of this movie.

Another bizarro one is "Dark Star", an early 70's low-budget sci-fi semi-spoof. The best scene there is when the space ship crew is attacked by an alien, with the same size and shape as a beach ball. One of the guys shoots it, and the escaping air from it causes it bounce wildly off the walls, ceiling, floor, etc.

• daystar
    daystar

Best movie I thought I'd hate:

Orlando, starring Tilda Swinton - "Young nobleman Orlando is commanded by Queen Elizabeth I to stay forever young. Miraculously, he does just that. The film follows him as he moves through several centuries of British history, experiencing a variety of lives and relationships along the way..." from www.imdb.com

The best weird movie:

I am the king of weird movies. Of course, anything by David Lynch is going to be weird, so I won't even list any of his.

PI

Memento (C'mon! The movie was backwards!)

Naked Lunch

alt

Existenz

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Memento was a weird movie. I had to keep rewinding it to try to figure what the heck was happening. Do you think it was somewhat like "Reservoir Dogs"?

• daystar
    daystar

Memento like Reservoir Dogs? Not really. Reservoir Gods was straight-up pulp.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Harold and Maude - love it, try to watch it as ofter as I can maybe cuz it was filmed in the area of my childhood

Brazil - love it, first saw it alone in an arthouse movie theather in Berkeley, California

I know there's more but that's all I can think of right now.

Josie

• Severus
    Severus

Equinox

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104201/

Strained evil and and clumsy innocence inadvertently collide with no resolution. I love this movie.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

the first time i saw, "Rocky Horror Picture Show" I found it a bit weird...

I also thought that about Pink Floyd's, "The Wall"

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Re-reading this thread reminded me it's time to watch Bubba Ho-Tep again.

g ently f eral

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Microwave Massacre!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

killer clowns from outer space

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit