CIRCUIT ASSEMBLY FOOD TICKETS (PIC)

by garybuss 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

You guys got the bag of fruit wrong. They use to call it......Bag "O" Fruit

• geevee
    geevee

Wow, what an interesting thread. I remember it all too well.

I wonder about the heating. I have been to DC's where they have them in winter and NOT turn on the heating, if the auditorium gets stuffy, they wont turn on the AC. This is all to save $$$. Donations for books, what about car parking permits? Suggested donation per day. If you didn't pay the suggested donation....no ticket!! We actually parked all day NO ticket...I owe them meoney!!??

The food at conventions whilst being very cheap to produce, must've made heaps of money. Volunteer [slave] labor, donated food stuffs, production lines, they must have made plenty. We all used to eat it like good little lemmings, no going for take out... then the food tickets, another double dip, dont forget to hand in all your dedicated cash at the end.

This is all done for TAX AVOIDANCE.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

THIS THREAD WAS ENJOYABLE. BROUGHT BACK MEMORIES. DANISHES ALWAYS ROCKED. SODAS SUCKED. ACTUALLY AS A KID, I LOOKED FORWARD TO THE ASS EMBLIES FOR THE FREE PHYSICAL FOOD. THE SPIRITUAL FOOD WAS POISONED.

xLemming

• blondie
    blondie

Cheese danishes (sara lee)

Apple danishes (sara lee)

Frozen orange juice

(I prepared muffin eggs so would not eat one)

Roast beef sandwiches (with barbecue sauce)

Swiss miss pudding (chocolate and vanillia)

Milk

(And before that; fruit bags, yogurt, fresh salads)

(I brought my own diet soda...)

Blondie

• spawn2u
    spawn2u

Wow that one picture brought up a bunch of memories. I just relized I have nothing form my JW days, literature and the like but I have at least one picture of my ex-wife to remind me of what happened.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

That "A/C can't keep up" is bull$hit plain and simple! I went to a concert here in jax at the old war memorial, it was middle of summer packed out like no convention EVER was, people were JUMPING around too! Not just dozing! Giant explosions, flames on stage it was really something and it was COLD in there! I mean if you got a bit sweaty and stopped moving you would about freaking ice up!

Strangely enough when the witnesses rented this same facility it was NEVER comfortable! It was like a fat guys armpit in there all day long! I'm thinking it wasn't to save money though! I mean isn't that covered in the lease? Doesn't seem like they would cut you a discount based on electricity usage! I think it was a simple cult practice! Keep you in a stupor from the heat and shitty food, deprive your brain of Oxygen with tight ties and full suits and then hammer at you with their idiotic 'logic' beat you down for days and days and then call you "uplifted" and send you on your way...

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Remember how we used to clap when the final prayer was over??

LOL! I remember the pre-clapping anticipation like waiting for the katsup to come out of the bottle.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

oh!oh!oh! GOLD CUPS! I was addicted...bad.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Some I knew would volunteer to show up early to make sandwiches and put together fruit bags just to get in early and get a seat in the sweltering venue. I, of course couldnt care less. I just showed up and did my time. The tickets were a pain in the butt alright. The food was just great for a diabetic, though I didnt know it then. I always was out of it shortly after eating that crap. Thank goodness its all over now.

W.Once

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Yeah, that a/c thing was just cruel. We had a brand new stadium in BC, built for expo 86. We had been to the football game a couple of weeks before and we were freezing in our shorts. Then when the assembly came it suddenly didn't work. And they couldn't open the outer doors to get a cross breeze because they were specially airlocked for the a/c which wasn't on. So everyone was roasted alive. There were actually older people fainting and passing out in the higher seats and being carted away on stretchers. Some people just got mad and left. A few weeks later, and another football game. The a/c was miraculously working again. I remember many people saying they would all be willing to chip in an extra 5 bucks into the contribution boxes if they would just turn the damn thing on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit