CIRCUIT ASSEMBLY FOOD TICKETS (PIC)

by garybuss 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

I liked the pasta salad with veggies.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh
    Remember how we used to clap when the final prayer was over??

I think now, at least subliminally we said it all.

Yeah, I can recall that my clapping after the closing prayer was the only clapping that was actually heartfelt from me any way.

Food tickets.....what a riot!

I could have lived all weekend off of apple danishes.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    In the 4 days I was there, with my $70 worth of tickets, I didn't get even one lousy fucking sandwich!!!

Finally Free, that truly is a lousy story, I feel for you. You were well and truly HAD.

I remember thinking as a kid that the food was over priced and that 5p tickets allowed them to round every price UP, and thatif you didnt spend all your tickets you had been robbed. It was always a challenge for me on the last day to scrape together all the odd tickets and find something that exactly used them up.

They sold that godawful chocolate at our assemblies that had raised bumps filled with sickly cream (strawberry and orange I think). It was the nastiest chocolate I ever ate. They also sold peaches (over priced) jam doughnuts, and they had burger vans where you could get a burger or a bacon sandwich. It was all crap food - what a f00king rip off!

• garybuss
    garybuss

On E-Bay today you can buy a recording of Fred Franz singing "Take Sides With Jehovah".

:-)

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit
    Remember how we used to clap when the final prayer was over??

I think now, at least subliminally we said it all.

Yeah, I can recall that my clapping after the closing prayer was the only clapping that was actually heartfelt from me any way.

Food tickets.....what a riot!

I could have lived all weekend off of apple danishes.

Even before I went bad I knew we were clapping cuz it was over. I loved the apple danishes too. Once they went free to the donation basis, I'd load up on them to munch on during the talks.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Once they went free to the donation basis, I'd load up on them to munch on during the talks.

Me too. Once they went to the donation basis I made sure I gorged myself at every assembly, and took food home too. I never donated a cent either. I figure they got more than enough from me at that stupid Montreal convention, and I was on a mission to get as much as I could after that.

W

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene
    On E-Bay today you can buy a recording of Fred Franz singing "Take Sides With Jehovah".

I have the perfect pictue to go with that:

~Merry

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

The food was free on a donation basis???

I must have left before that happened in the UK. God im MAD! It almost makes me feel like going back just to get my apple danish grrrr

• luna2
    luna2

Great picture, Merry! Who's the JW Glee Club member in the middle?

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

someone should digitize the recording and stick it up on the Net.

-silent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit