CIRCUIT ASSEMBLY FOOD TICKETS (PIC)

by garybuss 50 Replies latest jw friends

• VM44
    VM44

One elder, whose initial's were VM (no relation implied to my handle VM44), said that standing in line for food at the conventions was good practice for The New System!!!!

Only a person saturated with Watchtower belief would say such a thing.

--VM44

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    standing in line for food at the conventions was good practice for The New System!!!!

I remember hearing that a few times too. Eventually, after finding out what the people were like and seeing how the society did things, I decided I didn't want to be in the "new system". I remained a JW mostly because of family, but I had decided that I'd shoot myself if I, by some fluke, survived armageddon. I couldn't bear the thought of living in a world populated by only JWs.

W

• juni
    juni

Oh my gosh Gary.

What can you buy for 10 cents now? Those would have to be in $1 increments. And I, too, remember the change in colors so that you couldn't use them again. That was a pisser especially w/a large family. We usually camped out to save money. Only once stayed in a hotel. That was for the Cicero, IL DA. That was a dive and the crime was awful. Left early as my husband had a migraine from the pollution. Thank goodness.

Juni

• luna2
    luna2

Cicero was suckage, wasn't it, juni. We stayed in a hotel there once too. It was 4th of July weekend and they'd taken over the pool for a luau or something so we couldn't even swim. People were making noise ALL night long, and here we were, bunch of dumbos, getting up at the crack of dawn after no sleep to go get bored mindless all day.

There was usually enough food at the conventions we attended, but if you ate that crap for 4 days you'd be a miserable mess by the time you went home. By the last day, all I could eat was the fruit.

FF, I'd be furious too. That is just wrong.

• Balsam
    Balsam

OMG I remember those, made me laugh out loud seeing them again. We used to drop our extras in the contribution box at the end of the convention. LOL

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I even voulenteered in Newark, NJ loading all those trucks going to all the ASSemblies. Noticed the Spanish ASSemblies got diffrent food menu (even the coffee was diffrent)

• garybuss
    garybuss

A favorite trick of the Society was to turn off the air conditioning in the auditoriums (that HAD air conditioning) to save money. I sweat so bad I had sweat running down the crack of my ass and when I went into the convention offices to find a relative, I almost crapped a mini-van. They had air conditioning!!! That really sucked!!!

• juni
    juni

Concerning the a/c at the DAs we were always told that it couldn't keep up w/the crowd size. And w/all of that hot air blowing from the center of the auditorium that was probably the truth.

If you're right about them turning a/c off to save money..............................I could scream

Juni

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Gary,

I'll give you an old watchtower and a used song book for them.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Thanks Moon, That's the best offer I've had all day. I'm trying to imagine what year those tickets go back to. I did go to some assemblies with my wife after I left the group. I think I went to one only after they still had food but quit selling the food for a set price. It was a dry bread sandwich and a pucker pickle slice and stale chips as I remember. It's a good thing they set up the cash donation boxes BEFORE the food pick up table.

My donation matched my expectation but their food didn't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit