5K update - woohoo! I made it!

by jstalin 14 Replies latest social physical

• jstalin
    jstalin

I really can't believe it, but I made it throught the 5K, running the whole time, and no stopping. I'm used to running on an even track and there were hills on this course. Holy crap, I thought I was gonna die at a couple of points. Thanks everyone for your encouragement and advice, it helped!

This might sound cheesy, but when I was running I would think of the kids (guys younger than me) storming the beach at Normandy in WWII and how completely hellish that must have been. I figured that if they could do that, against all odds, I could finish the damn race. The cheering spectators helped too!

There were about 11,000 runners for both the 25K and the 5K - a huge crowd. It was great!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Grats Jstal! Quite an accomplishment.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Good for you!!!! I run the Shamrock Shuffle and it is a blast. It is the beginning of the running season in my area. The problem I always have is that I don't like running out side because it is so hard on the joints that I run on a treadmill. So when I do run outside, I am dying the next day. It is my own fault, but I have to say, I am not about to change it!

Isn't it a wonderful feeling to accomplish a goal. You should be very proud of yourself.

• Purza
    Purza

Whoo Hooo! Congrats. That is very exciting news. And quite an accomplishment!

Purza

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Wow! That is a great milestone and personal achievement. Goodonya.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Good for you Jstalin, very well done!

• luna2
    luna2

YAY! Congratulations, jstalin!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Congratulations you weren't so sure about it yesterday but you finally achieved it.

• Mystery
    Mystery

Congradulations!!! I know it felt really good crossing the finish line.

• pudgey1
    pudgey1

Good on you Jstalin!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit