What songs got you through good or tough times?

by jojochan 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• jojochan
    jojochan

When I was depressed I listened to some songs from Tool, some from the Cure, Barbra Manning, The OLD Babyface songs,some from Sade, Sweetback, and Maxwell and Everything but the Girl. Depeche Mode. To get me through those rough spots.

But now it's been a little different. Since my moods a little better I'm listening to the songs that I got from an old thread that I posted about music.Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I've also was listening to Perfect Circle, Jaime Cullum and Amiel Larreux (gawd I hoped I spelled that right) Old U2, ect.

I don't know...it depends on the mood I guess...powerful how music can make one feel....how much emotion it can put you through good or bad if you let it.

I don't know; I just felt like posting this. enjoy the day!

jojochan.

• jojochan
    jojochan

When I was still going to the hall though I know that radiohead got me through that period where I was questioning how things were with the how the organization was running, how the overbearing rules were taking a toll on those that I knew and how they were frustrated with the so-called "ban" on "unchristian" music. Which got me wondering at the time...music can make you provoke a thought or an emotion, but it can also prompt you to THINK about how that song relates to you and your situation whatever that maybe. "Let Down" by Radiohead made me do that.

Come to think of it, that whole album made me think about that period that I was going through.As well as many other artists that I was listening to.

jojochan.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

dunno why..but when i was going thru a tough time 2 songs for some reason helped..

REM's great beyond

trains meet virginia ( lyrics in it somewhere say something like " i really dont want to live this life".)

• jojochan
    jojochan

Damn! How could I forget REM?!

At the time when "Everybody hurts" came out, that was my them for a long time.

I don't know, it just spoke to me. Especially when at the start of the song it starts off dark, then it ends brighter, I loved when the strings came in towards the end of the song.

jojochan.

• lola28
    lola28

"Alive" by Pearl Jam

"Around and Around" by Mark Kozelek

"A minor incident" by Badly Drawn Boy

"Break stuff" by Limp ( when you are angry. blast this and you will feel much better)

"If Winter Ends" by Bright Eyes

lola

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

There's a song by the group "War" called "Deliver The Word" (nothing to do with preaching).

Deliver the Word (Lyrics {as best as I can remember})

If misery is your best friend

And it's gotten so you can't pretend

The tears keep rolling down your face

But you're praying for a better day

Why should I go through these changes

Because they don't see the urgency

That this is an emergency. Yeah.

So make it heard

Deliver the word

But when that feeling gets to you

That feeling that haven't had in a long long long time

Hey! It's good for your mind

It makes you wanna sing

La la la la la la

It will make your children sing full of joy

It's just like having a brand new toy

It'll make you sing

La la la la la la

• greendawn
    greendawn

I remember in the past I felt the song "Fame (i'm gonna live for ever)" was uplifting for me during some hard times.

• delilah
    delilah

it depends on the mood I guess...powerful how music can make one feel....how much emotion it can put you through good or bad if you let it.

YUP....depending on my mood, I'd listen to Staind, Limp Bizkit, Tool, A Perfect Circle and the likes, REM, Losing my Religion, Everybody Hurts, and when I was spent, I'd listen to Celtic music and Louis Armstrong etc....to lighten up.

Remember the GB telling us to be careful of what kind of music we listened to, as it could have a profound influence on us???? God, I hated those stupid admonitions....music is very powerful, and moving, and should be enjoyed!!!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

"From house to house, from door to door, ..."

Oh, nevermind. I'm feeling sick now.

W

• Legolas
    Legolas

keith urbans You'll think of me, and gary allan's Songs about Rain. I love country music but those two are my faves -Lucifer---oops didnt know i was on moms acct

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit