Kind of an update - warning, kw = boring. you were warned!

by KW13 22 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Well er, i have tried to get mum to discuss several things.

Firstly i brought up the lack of evidence to support God wanted an ORG. Her response reflected what was going on upstairs in her brain. THANK YOU people here who provided the scriptures so i could have this chat with her, she got scared!! - after the 10th scripture she got kinda weird.

After i'd done she said "well i'm 100% convinced i am right now" which says to me, that actually she started to doubt and got scared, her tone of voice gave that away and plus she started to get a tad angry at my questions and then wanted to pin the blame on me for the discussion becoming an arguement. I soon calmed it down and made it clear that i just want some deeper answers.

Also i tried to get somewhere with the thing about me not being allowed the books from my church in my room. Basically two books that aren't really bad and nothing related to JW's but still...she said its my home and i don't want them here. No answer when i said oh, so where do i go then. That was the other day (and its in another thread) but she said she was gonna pray about it, and i forewarned her that if my books and stuff go, so do i, remember that when ya pray to Jehovah. So far she's refusing to comment which is annoying.

Feeling tired today. Had a VERY VERY late night. (nothing exciting there sorry lol).

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

KW, there is quite a bit of interesting stuff there.........you did a great job handling yourself....you shouldn't be so self-effacing, you are a very intelligent, nice young man.......be proud of who you are!!! Great reasoning job with mom! If you were one of my nepphies, I'd give ya a big hug!!!

• luna2
    luna2

Sounds like you did good with her, KW. I'm hoping that she backs down on the books. Wonder if they've had some local needs crap talks at the KH that have her all riled up.

Do anything fun last night or just stay up watching TV?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

You're one cool cookie kw,

At least your mum and you can talk about this stuff. I gave up trying to talk with my mum when I was about 12 (it's like we really are on different planets - hers only has Elders and a King James Bible).

Don't fret young fella. It won't hurt to let the subject drop a while. Just keep loving her. Make cups of tea for her and little things like that. Unexpected kindnesses are more powerful than any watchtower crap. You only get one mum even if she does believe silly stuff.

Live in hope, love ya mum no matter what. In the long run blood really is thicker than water.

Now get some rest! unc. (I'm in a really bossy mood tonight .. it's like I'm possesed by my mum

• luna2
    luna2

Aww, unc. Such a sweet guy. Don't stay up too late now (there's some bossy backattcha). lol

Oh, and Mr. Karl, you are not boring at all. Who's been filling your head with such stuff? (((KW)))

Okay, I have to go clean my house and fix my car so I can go to the movies later. Peace. Out.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Karl your mum sounds like every other nut job dub mum out there.

Your mum knows what its like to be deserted and homeless. if push comes to shove i dont think anyone that's been through that would do that to another person namely you.

Don't push things with her and make issues out of things. She's getting used to her son growing up and thinking independantly for a lot of parents thats a tough adjustment. For her it might be harder because you're also thinking independantly religiously too. She probably asks god why she cant have a normal pot smoking, fornicating, drunken car stealing 17 yr old like everybody else instead of an apostate one

lol

• KW13
    KW13
    KW, there is quite a bit of interesting stuff there.........you did a great job handling yourself....you shouldn't be so self-effacing, you are a very intelligent, nice young man.......be proud of who you are!!! ; Great reasoning job with mom! ; If you were one of my nepphies, I'd give ya a big hug!!!

thank you, its been interesting for me too. i dunno where all this is going but i do see mum running away with no answers which for a JW is the ultimate defeat, maybe she needs to see that they can't answer everything. I actually like the healthy debates, i think it does us good to have the wake-up call and have to read-up and look at things closely. So long as its not getting into abuse and anger!

Sounds like you did good with her, KW. ; I'm hoping that she backs down on the books. ; Wonder if they've had some local needs crap talks at the KH that have her all riled up.

Do anything fun last night or just stay up watching TV?

Well, either that or maybe she mentioned something to someone (eg; elder) and got given some counsel OR she decided to be a pain in the ass lol. Nothing amazing lastnight, i was up at the church all morning, part of this service thing. I missed my bed! slept on a pew and woke up with sore back. STRANGE night and not a thing i wanna do again. Also made the point that they concentrate on what should of been thought of after. The bible makes a lot of points before eventually getting to congregations. She tried to say surely, congregation = org but NO not true, Congregations are low level people on an equal playing field who have a unity in faith. Not measuring Spirituality on how many meetings, ministry things ya do. Talked about surely God would guide Christians to those in need and not MASS door knocking which produces nothing and appears to be a waste of time. Loads to say, amazing time...loved it

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    Don't fret young fella. It won't hurt to let the subject drop a while. Just keep loving her. Make cups of tea for her and little things like that. Unexpected kindnesses are more powerful than any watchtower crap. You only get one mum even if she does believe silly stuff.

Live in hope, love ya mum no matter what. In the long run blood really is thicker than water.

Now get some rest! unc. (I'm in a really bossy mood tonight .. it's like I'm possesed by my mum

Awwwww I want unle Bruce to be My mum too.

*Hands brucie a dress an apron and some hair curlers*

• KW13
    KW13
    At least your mum and you can talk about this stuff. I gave up trying to talk with my mum when I was about 12 (it's like we really are on different planets - hers only has Elders and a King James Bible).

haha, thanks mate. Yeh i do feel lucky that i can at least start a chat with her! Make tea for her...mmm...actually makes me laugh thinking about that cos someone only said yesterday, your actions will prolly get through quicker than this info. thanks!

Aww, unc Such a sweet guy. Don't stay up too late now (there's some bossy backattcha). lol

Oh, and Mr. Karl, you are not boring at all. Who's been filling your head with such stuff? (((KW)))

Okay, I have to go clean my house and fix my car so I can go to the movies later. Peace. Out.

awe thanks luna! always got the right thing to say eh? i can be boring sometimes, mainly when i am tired!! - like Golf, fishing, knitting (sorry knitting fans) - I admit they look like they are doing tai chi!

Karl your mum sounds like every other nut job dub mum out there.

Your mum knows what its like to be deserted and homeless. if push comes to shove i dont think anyone that's been through that would do that to another person namely you.

Don't push things with her and make issues out of things. She's getting used to her son growing up and thinking independantly for a lot of parents thats a tough adjustment. For her it might be harder because you're also thinking independantly religiously too. She probably asks god why she cant have a normal pot smoking, fornicating, drunken car stealing 17 yr old like everybody else instead of an apostate one

lol

sorry doc, i forgot to reply and just saw it. Yeh your right i think, she does think i am a great big sinner, tried invited me to the Special Talk but when if i invited her to church it would be a "spiritual attack". I am tryna give her time but thing is, her mum (granny lol) let her do what she wanted but mum won't do it for me!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Thanks for the apron Doc it softens my image,

MotherBruce

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit