The Passion of the Christ

by I-follow-the-narrow-path 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• I-follow-the-narrow-path
    I-follow-the-narrow-path

So... I just got the Passion.. and I haven't watched it yet.. but going to. What does everyone think about it ?

• under_believer
    under_believer

It turned my stomach. I had to turn it off. Gibson focuses on Christ's physical suffering, that is the entire point of the movie. It's like a slow-motion snuff film, a horror movie.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

I have owned it now for two months and have yet the stomach to watch it. I have heard people say that they love it and others hated it. There was a book on it that I looked at that was rather graphic. Hope you enjoy it, please comment on your opinion once you watch it.

Loruhamah

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I saw it in the theatre when it came out originally. I really liked it, though it was brutal in places. I never been to a movie where there was such an impact at the end. Total silence, people sat there and as they finally did move out you could see many people with tears.

• geevee
    geevee

We appreciated this movie greatly. Mel tells it like it was. A lot of dubz wont watch it. Funny that.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i watched it when i was a wit still, and i liked it. i thought jesus was pretty cool after the movie was done. and then a watched it again a while back, and i still like it, but probably not for the same reason that xians like it. ;)

ts

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

He gets a good whippin, old JC.

• Will Power
    Will Power

I found it extremely moving. The love between mother and son is what got to me the most and that love in its purest sense - parent/child is at the core of it all - I think gibson was brilliant.
    I didn't enjoy the torture, but I felt that without all the sugar coat assumptions the experience was total.
    the satan personna certainly lived up to evil incarnate.

wp

• I-follow-the-narrow-path
    I-follow-the-narrow-path

I just finished watching it. :( that was so sad! I can almost started to cry when they were beating him (more than once) I wish they would have added more though.. I mean more than just the cruxifixion.. you know what I mean. :)- but at least I am able to see it visually now

• startingover
    startingover

IFTNP

Before you get all shook up, maybe you should look into the historicity of Jesus. As hard as it may be to believe, there's a good chance he didn't even exist, and if he did he was nothing more than a David Koresh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit