REPOST: For mothers who have lost a child

by Lady Lee 28 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

• Fleur
    Fleur

God, Skally, that picture is beautiful. I am bawling here.

I have one living child and lost two to miscarriage. You don't ever get over losing a child, you learn to live with it. LL, this is a great thread. I urge everyone who knows someone who lost a child to honor them this mother's day in some way and mention the child. I guarantee it, any mother who loses a child in any way IS thinking of them on Mother's day, no matter how many living children' they have. My great grandmother had more than a dozen kids...she lost one as a toddler and another to still birth...and she always grieved them both.

essie

• wifey
    wifey

How beautiful Lady Lee. Although I never gave birth to a child we were blessed with a daughter through

adoption. She many times broke our heart but she is still the light pf my life. I often think abour her birth mother, Does she think of the little girl she gave birth to and wonder how she grew up?

I know I would.

We now have 3 beautiful grandkids to love and spoil so my life feels complete.

Please God bless all the mothers out there, those who gave their children a better chance through adoption and those who raised their children and those who I know would have been and will be wonderful moms.

Drying my eyes now! Wifey

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I often think about my mother's heartache when my brother passed away at age 22 years old, he was very healthy and just never woke up one day and they never found out what was wrong. I was 16 at the time.

I have 3 beautiful children, and can't imagine life without them. My heart goes out to anyone who has lost a child and I'm getting a lump in my throat as I write this.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

wifey

Out of all the women I have worked with who gave a child up for adoption or made the decision to terminate the pregnancy not one has forgotten. They remember the due date. They remember the last date. They remember on holidays and special days.

They never forget.

The child may not have been held in their arms but they are always in their hearts and minds.

And wifey a child does not need to grow under our heart to grow in it

((((Fleur and love2B))))

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Lady, can you repost that poem? I would love to send it to my sister.

• sf
    sf

It is a glorious picture I found on a site where the owner encourages people to share them.

I posted in memory of my son who died over a year ago.

My daughter has his eyes. It's ominus when she looks at me for any length of time.

{{{{{{{{ jonesy }}}}}}}}}

sKally

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

My dear friend, Andrea, has endured NINE miscarriages during the past 5 years. After having her first child her dream was to have more and unfortunately, her body is unable to carry another. She miscarries late -- usually between 16 and 19 weeks -- the last time she knew she was carrying a boy. Andrea's sister is now carrying a child for her and her husband and is now into the second trimester -- we're hopeful that Andrea's dreams of having another child will finally come true. Through it all Andrea has remained positive and upbeat even while mourning all of her babies. Her husband is out of town on Mother's Day so Andrea asked if we could spend the day together with her little girl and my little boy. I can't think of anything better!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I had a miscarriage 20 years ago and it hurt deeply.

But I lost my beautiful 24-year old son to an accident in January and it is like being in hell.

I quit work (Mr. Bee is very supportive, though it was not his child) and am on this board a lot for one reason: distraction. I also read constantly - novels, grief books, and see a therapist once a week and go to the gym.

I do my share of crying and the black hole in my heart continues to deepen. I just got a call from my son's dad - he is having a particularly bad time and is torn to pieces today. We are leaning on each other and, in some ways, going through the phases of grief together, and with the support of our respective spouses.

Last Mother's Day it was brunch with both my sons and grandson at the country club. This year the Bees board a plane on Sunday for France. I'd give anything to be able to go back in time. I know I will survive, but from here I don't see how.

I'm sorry to be a downer, but the topic grabbed me.

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

BizzyBee --- I am so so sorry for your loss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit