REPOST: For those without Mothers

by Lady Lee 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Mothers Day can bring up many issues for some of us.

For some their mothers have passed away and the opportunity to say I love you in person is forever lost.

For others our mothers are lost to the borg. In fact, we may never have had the opportunity to celebrate a Mother's Day with them. And the whole policy on shunning can make relationships distant or non-existent.

SO... if you want to send a message to your mother, but for whatever reasons that is impossible feel free to share your message, your hopes or even a memory.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My mother lost her youngest daughter to death this past year. As I sit here I think how she did not think my sister was worthy of a funeral. Perhaps she now believes this one child of 5 is the only one who will be resurrected and have a chance at life in her WT paradise.

In other years I have found something to say but this year there is nothing.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Dear Mom:

Although you've been gone nearly 18 years, I don't miss you and I have no doubt when you left this world you felt little more than contempt for me.

I never once saw you laugh and I rarely saw you smile. You never told me you loved me. You never held me or touched me in any way whatsoever after I turned 5. Before then however, you touched me quite a lot. I always wondered if you truly forgot, you were never very stable mentally, or if the forgetfulness was an act. But I can forgive this, and have.

You were not the worst monster in my life. Your husband and father saw to that. Remember when I was 3 and you stood in the doorway leading to your father's bedroom? Remember how I begged and pleaded for you to help me as your father raped me? What I'll remember most is the expessionless mask of a face and those cold, dark eyes unfeeling like doll's eyes just staring at me. Then you turned and walked away, leaving me with your father. But I can forgive this, and have.

I lived with the other monster. Remember how you cleaned me up once? What I'll remember most from that experience is how you slapped me and told me to act like a man when I complained what your husband did to me hurt. Remember when I told you about your husband and you hit me so hard you broke my nose? Remember when you took me to your twin sister's father in law, Dr. Kerr to "help" me? What I'll remember from that visit is how kind he was to me, and how he looked down his nose, over his reading glasses and told you that he better not see me again for the same reason. But I can forgive this, and have.

There are so many nightmarish memories I would have wanted to ask you about, to confirm whether they are real or not. But you wouldn't do even that for me, did you? Instead you liked to play with my mind, often telling me one thing and then later denying it and telling me how stupid I was, or how bad my memory was. I graduated with honors, straight A's and never had to study and yet you still felt the need to constantly tell me how stupid, or even better, how ugly I was. But I can forgive this, and have.

I have two children. They never knew you, nor will they ever know what I know. Sometimes, when they were little, I used to watch them while they slept. I could come into their room without them waking up tense and afraid. My life that could have been, and wasn't. 40 years later, I still wake up instantly when someone comes into my bedroom. When I think of you now I feel nothing but cold inside. There is a perpetual feeling of ice cold, in the shape of an adult hand, on my chest. I don't like to be touched, and I have trouble looking someone in the eye. These things, my emotional scars, I cannot forgive. At least not yet. Maybe one day.

I've thought sometimes what happened to you after your death. Despite everything, I cannot hate you. I hope wherever you are, and whatever happened, you were treated to more compassion and mercy than you showed me.

Chris

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Chris))))))))))))))))))))))

Your wife is now the one to honor. Have a great day doing that

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Mum there have been so many conflicting feelings and questions going through my head in the last 18 months. I think when you were alive you knew I had those then, sad that they only surfaced in me after you'd gone.

Yes I wondered did you really love me - you walked away too many times while my dad beat me up, but I thought that was to protect yourself, that's ok, i was prepared to take that for you cos deep down I loved you and didn't want you to get hurt.

But then why did you use emotional blackmail on me to stop me going to hospital when he cracked my head? That was too much - but it worked, forced me to show my family loyalty. I did it for you - not him, because I loved you and family was your security.

After he'd died, you began showing me love. I know that you felt guilty about what happened to me and you really wanted to make up for it, the time ran out too quickly - even on that last day your eyes told me you felt you were letting me down by leaving me 'yet again'. I gave you permission to go - it's ok.

Sometimes we don't know or understand why we do the things we do. I may never know fully why you acted as you did but please don't feel guilty any more, I forgive you. To think that you feel guilty hurts me more than the other stuff that happened, because I love you.

I don't know why.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Last year i saw my beloved Jehovah's Witness mother was 1988 she died of alzheimer's in 92 i had to search the goverment death database to learn of this.

Curse you Watchtower bastards,you make the taliban look tame.-Danny Haszard Bangor Maine

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Chris))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I'm so sorry.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Sad emo)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((((((((((((DannyHaszard)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I would just like to be able to say to my mother some day "Happy Mother's Day. I love and appreciate you." and send her flowers without her freaking out and saying I'm demonic or pagan or evil. How is it evil to show those you love that you do? I want to hug her and say I love her, but I can't because she doesn't want me in her life.

I didn't have a mom who was cold and hateful. She had her bad days where she would say things that I hope she later regretted. But she and my dad loved their kids and did not hurt us. I know she still loves me now and that is why she is cutting me out of her life, because she thinks it's the right thing to do, because she thinks it's a disservice to me to be my friend, to be my mother, while I'm making such "terrible choices."

They say it's a unifying faith. But look at the facts!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

(((sad emo))) (((Danny)))

Good Girl there is nothing "unifying about ripping families apart

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I love you mum, believe it or not. I wish I could do what it would take to make you happy, but I'm a poor liar. I wish you'd get the help you need.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit