REPOST: For those without Mothers

by Lady Lee 33 Replies latest jw friends

• zanex
    zanex

Dear mom...

I wish you cared enough about me to ignore the blind followings of some old men that tell you and dad what to do...I wish you could see all the love that I want to share but dont trust you enough to give freely...I wish I knew what to feel on these mothers days....I wish I had the relationship with you that you seem to share with everyone around you except your own flesh and blood...I wish you could see me for the person I have become and not the person I had to become to survive...I wish I could show you the type of parent I have become and see that you are proud of me without thinking about what i am NOT....I wish you did not see me as disfellowshipped and saw me as the name that you gave to me when i came into this world...I wish nothing bad upon you mom...even when you are still around physically you dont contact me when i send you emails, you call the local witnesses on the drop of a dime and directly tell THEM that you are not in town to see me as if it was a badge of shame...sigh. Im done..this is depressing. I do miss you mom...happy mothers day I guess...

-Z-

• carla
    carla

bttt

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

For those of you who are so sad at this time of year please don't let that sadness ruin your day.

Say what you need to say. Leave your thoughts. Leave the sadness.

And finds ways to celebrate the person you are. In the end that is the only thing that counts. - the person you are

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

It has been some time since I lost my Mama , time has not healed that wound for me. And to hurt even worse than that , I lost my baby sister a few months back , also suicide. When they cross my mind, which happens to be a 1000 times a day each, I just feel like the "last one standing", and "then there was one". I feel like I have been left alone. I do get down when I see all the Mother's day commercials, or the cards at the store, the special gifts for Mothers.

I feel down when I realize that my neice will be just like me for the rest of her life, not having a Mother to celebrate with. This will be her first Mother's Day without her Mom. Going to a grave just feels so empty. But really what eles can you do, sometimes life just doesnt seem fair. I will have to pull myself together to help her grieve her Mom, to help her celebrate her Mom even thou she will not be with us Sunday. I have to keep working on concentrating on the here and now, give honor to my Mama and my sister , but this life we have now is for the living and we can't change the past.

When I get to feeling sad about this day coming up, I try to remember that I am a Mom that is dearly loved. For all the times I have grieved , missed and wanted my own Mother, I have poured that energy into being the best Mom that I can be.

Yesterday evening my oldest Son , Jake graduated from high school.....with honors. They had a slide show , showing baby pictures, childhood and young adulthood. Of course I cried, realizing that he has passed a great milestone in his life and is moving on. I was so proud when each child's name was called and the parents were asked to stand......Jake handed his Dad and I a lovely red rose , in appreciation for helping him make it thru high school. I cried of course and thank goodness I was not the only parent to cry that night..lol.

But , I couldnt help but wish that my Mom and my sister could have been in those seats to cheer him when he walked out a man in that cap and gown. Who knows, maybe they did get to see it , but still their laughter , their joy and their smiles were truly missed.

I love you Mama and Ginger, you are with me always , Dede

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

((((((((((((((((((((Dede))))))))))))))))))))))) Be extra nice to yourself today hon

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Dear Mom:
    This is the second Mothers day without you.

I miss you very much. You always knew how to put things into perspective.

• jgnat
    jgnat

BTTT

• the age of man
    the age of man

I posted this comment on my mom's myspace today

Tho you will not take flowers
    A card or chocolate cover'd cherrys
    I honor you & your productive powers
    If not for you I would not be

I love you momma

matt

• manicmama
    manicmama

First and foremost Happy Mother's Day to all you great mom's here!

To my mother, I'm sad for the fact that she never was a mother. No love, no encouraging words, only routine beatings and derogatory remarks and verbal abuse. If not for my grandmother (my dad's mother) I would have never known what the word love meant. My father died when I was little and I never heard a good word about him, to the contrary she told me to never shed a tear for him. When I became pregnant all she dould do was hang her head, shake it & say I am so sorry. My children (even through the ups and downs!) have always been a great source of pride, joy and love for me. I recently became a grandma for the 1st time and was there through the whole delivery and the first week of life (surreal), and would not have taken a million dollars for the experience!

So mom I know that we have not spoken in 3 years, I feel sorry for you. Sorry for all you missed and that you will miss and all the love & joy you could have experienced. I am not bitter, but I refuse to let anything or anyone rob me of the joys in this life any more.

manicmama

• codeblue
    codeblue

Lady Lee...thank you for this thoughtful thread.

As for me............I had a great, loving Mom that died of cancer when I was 14.

I still grieve for her, even though I am now 50.

My JW son relinqueshes contact............knows I have had no MOM since I was 14. He saddend my heart greatly.........it's been 6 months since that hateful email.

However, we had a business trip and NOdenial got to see 2 of his 3 kids. HIs oldest gave me a "Mother's Day Card" and gift..........(her fiancee said a word also on the card> He doesn't understand why family alienaties your family discarded. He blieves that is just NOT the thing to do) I actually wanted to cry as my step-kids gave me honor my OWN kids don't.(they know about my JW son relinquishing contact too. In fact my daughter in law was a JW till 2 years ago)

They have no clue just how much this meant to me..........

Codeblue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit