EVERYONE...PLEASE JOIN ME IN WELCOMING OUR NEWEST MEMBER

by jaredg 29 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

welcome..............

• KimberB
    KimberB

Hey everyone. Thanks. I'm so glad Jared told me about this website. I've already spent several hours just skimming through everything. There's alot of good information and its nice to have a support group even though I haven't been a JW in several years. I still feel like I missed out on my childhood, though. Fortunately, though, when I turned 16 my mom left my stepdad and she let me have friends inside and outside the congregation. This way I could figure things out for myself. She eventually decided it wasn't for her either. Today she's married to a woman and my whole family wisened up and left the JWs. That makes it easier 4 me.

• daystar
    daystar

Welcome to the newb!

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Welcome again ! It would seem that I spelled your name wrong last time so I guess that one does not count.

Please share your story.

Cab

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi KimberB, and welcome to the board, it's great to have you here.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Nice to see you on the forum KimberB.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

KimberB,

I read your profile. So glad your mom grew out of that bad situation and did such a favor to you by moving far away from your controlling stepdad. Glad you are free to think for yourself. I've been out of JW for a while too, but somehow it's nice to talk to others who've had similar experiences. sometimes, it helps explain why we are the way we are.

Even though my mom left me in public school all 12 years, I still missed out on making friends and having a normal social life with activities besides door-to-door work. I can relate...

Congrats on starting college! It's never too late, I'm sure you'll meet plenty of other non-eighteen year olds at college with you.

TheGoodGirl

• lilybird
    lilybird

Hi KimberB... Welcome to the forum!!!

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Welcome KimberB

• Dansk
    Dansk

WELCOME KimberB!

Ian

Share this