My Birthday

by Farkel 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Today is my birthday. I'm 58.

I don't feel a year older than I did yesterday.

Farkel, who is 25 at heart......

• luna2
    luna2

A very Happy Birthday to you, Farkel! Do anything fun?

• garybuss
    garybuss

You're looking good:-) Happy birthday!

• blondie
    blondie

FARKEL

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Happy Birthday, Farkel !

-Aude.

• helppls
    helppls

Happy, happy birthday, Farkel!

Hope you have everything you wish for, and more!

CHEERS!!!

• Farkel
    Farkel

I was rooting around the old, existing H20 archives and came up with these comments of mine in 1997. They are not very significant, but shows the spunk I used to have nearly 10 years ago:

I quoted a dippy poster who said:

There were many quotes from archeologists themselves about how accurate the bible was in their findings.

Dippy poster also stated:

: .....one in partciular where a very well known archaeologist that used to believe the bible to be a fairy tale, began to believe the bible and what it says because of its accuracy.

I replied:

Ok. Ok. You found a VERY well known archaeologist. This VERY well known (unnamed, of course, and
    even if he was named, 99.9% of the people here wouldn't know who he was. The WTBS has trained you so well. That is exactly the same tactic they use. Claim very well known sources and then don't name them (like "Popular Mechanics" is a highly "respected" science journal, which the Society had the audacity to do, e.g.).

Well, since you found ONE very well known archaeologist, what the heck does THAT prove? Your hypothesis? Is this your approach to scientific evidence? Keep your day job.

Idiot (sorry, "dippy") said:

:Obviously the Archaeologists I know and the ones you know are from different planets, the ones I know are from here, Earth, and I stated some of their web-sites. :^)

In my infinite wisdom (ahem), I replied:

How is YOUR life on the planet Zolotone, anyway?

: Some agree with the bible, some don't I can quote those that do, including the Smithsonian.....

Then comes my finale!:

The "Smithsonian" agrees with the Bible! Have you ever been there? I have. There are over
    a dozen buildings in the Smithsonian and thousands of workers there. What do you mean by that?

That EVERYONE who works at the Smithsonian agrees with the Bible? Do you have proof of that?
    If I said "General Motors" agrees with the Bible, would you buy that one? Or are you REALLY saying
    SOMEONE at the Smithsonian agrees with the Bible. Well, SOMEONE at General Motors does too.

This is another WTBS tactic: the broad, sweeping generalization. Take one person in a big, respected
    org. who agrees with your point, and then state that the entire org. is in agreement with you.

I guess they don't provide courses in logic on the planet Zolotone.

Farkel, celebrating 58 years above dirt......

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

Here's a Pinata for your birthday full of pagan candy.

Blindfold me, spin me around & let me spank your monkey.

• Fleur
    Fleur
    How is YOUR life on the planet Zolotone, anyway?

ROFLMAO! Fark, this is why we love ya. Well, one of the reasons.

Happy, happy birthday my dear! We are the same sign, I wonder what that means if anything LOL ;)

hugs

essie

• Scully
    Scully

Happy Birthday, Farkel!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit