Prince Websites

by kojo 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• kojo
    kojo

Hello, this is my first time posting here after finding this site a few weeks back. I studied Jehovah Witness teachings for a brief time, when I knew little of the Bible during my teen years, but fortunately came to realize the Witnesses were not Christian at all.

However since I was teen I have followed and enjoyed the music of Prince more than any other singer/artist. I always loved his ability to express both the carnal and the spiritual in his songs, the very thing that makes us human. When he became a Witness a few years ago I was not happy because I knew the deceptive road he is going to go down. His website was changed and the message boards have many Witnesses posting on them, not to mention the "Knowledge Room" with Scriptures the Watchtower uses for their own doctrines.

To make a long story short, after posting a few statements on one of the message boards against Watchtower doctrine by using their own quotes, I was blocked from further posting. I never attacked anyone, never was mean to anyone, I simply replied to some of the subjects stating why I dont believe what the Witnesses were saying on there. I recently was also blocked from further posting on a prince fansite which is far more liberal than Prince's was. Apparently you can curse and insult others on there and continue to post but trying to help someone from being sucked further into a cult will get you banned. It makes no sense to me.

To me , being a Christian is a relationship not a religion or servitude to an organization. Does it sadden or grieve anyone on here when you hear of someone you admire become sucked into something you know will mess them up spiritually, psychologically ,and socially? Anyone here ever talk to Prince fans who are Witnesses?

• Dune
    Dune

I'm still officially a witness (attempting to fade away), whenever the subject of prince comes up i'd say 7 out of 10 of the witnesses i've met love his music.

I'm not from the prince "era" so i cant really say i like his music much, however, i do like Black sweat.

• james_woods
    james_woods

So, Dune - would you say that inside the org it is pretty much -

Prince: UP in status and almost a real witness...

Michael Jackson: DOWN in status and now considered to maybe be falling out...

That is what I would guess, but you are in a position to really know (at least around your circle).

PS - welcome Prince fan, and I agree it sounds like you got some shabby treatment on that website.

James

• kojo
    kojo

Another thing I don't understand from my knowledge of Watchtower teachings is how Prince gets away with what he does and doesnt get disciplined by the elders for it. His dancers do almost lesbian poses and dances in short skirts , he attended Madea's Family Reunion play which is a man in drag with Christian gospel music. Isn't that a big no-no?

• jojochan
    jojochan

Yeah..but...he IS Prince.

The last time that I saw him in the flesh was at the cow palace last year. There he was with the brother that studied with him. I can't pronounce his name but I know the other's know who he is. But there he was...with his nice jet black hair in that famous bob that he had it cut in; also with make up and those nice platformed shoes with the soulpatch under his lip.

Interesting that he can still put out cd's but when I was told to not pursue my music and be a producer in this lawless world I retorted back,"Well Prince does it?!"

The elder was quiet, and then shot back,"Yeah...but he IS Prince".

Interesting...just to add that I respect him as an artist in the fullest since and would check out his lastes disc when I get around to it.

jojochan.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    I recently was also blocked from further posting on a prince fansite which is far more liberal than Prince's was. Apparently you can curse and insult others on there and continue to post but trying to help someone from being sucked further into a cult will get you banned

Prince.org?! Banning? Lawd!

Anyone here ever talk to Prince fans who are Witnesses?

Hahaha! I am a HUGE Prince fan and former jw study.

LS-former jw apologist on the fanclub msg boards.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Don't you get it! It's because he's rich and famous! He's Prince...the current poster boy for the society and Larry Graham's big score. He can do whatever the hell he wants (well almost).

Josie

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

This is very amazing to me, because i heard a prince song about 10 minutes ago and thought to myself that I will try to get in touch with Prince through his site. Some things he has been up to lately make me wonder if he is on the way out and I would love to encourage him to go public about what is wrong with being a JW

• blondie
    blondie

So where are these websites?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

one is http://www.npgmusicclub.com/home.html You have to pay $25 to join. Prince obviously does not mind making money.
    There was a site that i can not find now where there were all these dates in the flash page including 1914.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit