I've had it. I want to DA myself

by White Waves 30 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

If you decided to D'A rather than fade away then you just let them know about it and leave, they are a dictatorial org but can't keep you in if you wish to go out. In fact that's what I did back in 1987.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

WW

No need to do anything unless you feel some closure in doing so.

I, personally, will prefer to Da should they force me into a corner - since it will be me throwing the last card.

I have considered sending my DA letter to each family in the hall, except the elders and ask them to deliver it [they would each assume they have the only copy]. That way many might have the opportunity to see why I did what I did - just a thought.

Good luck

Jeff

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Don't know much about JWs, but what would happen (if you had the cjones to do it) if you put a notice in the 'public notices' section of your local newspaper saying something like:

'Mr ------------ is delighted to announce that he has decided that he will no longer in any way be connected with the Jehovah's Witnesses religious organisation because of their wrong teachings and practices.'

• bavman
    bavman

Hello White Waves,

I DA'd myself two years ago and I am very glad to have done so. My letter was short and sweet on a worn out old piece of notebook paper in handwriting (one of my complaints was how corporate everything had gotten and that was my slam about that). There were many benefits to this however one of these would not be yours now. That is, the announcement at the K. Hall is the same now. I was glad to have known at the time people at the hall would be hearing that I da'd MYSELF. That wouldn't be the case for you. Still, other benefits would be the fact you decided your own fate, the elders would still know you made the decision, it would give you release and power over the situation, you would be able to keep the bastards away from you. I was already being shunned by family and others as well so that didn't come into the picture at all. Those that are willing to talk to me now of that former group are only the ones that I would want to have talk to me.

I don't see how your letter could be refused. You could also send a copy to New York and let the elders know you did so. You could also join another church or the army...that's the same as Da'ing...

Take care and I hope all goes well for you....

• learntoswim
    learntoswim

You have to be specific. If you genuinely want to be DA'd then you have to write a letter to the PO of your current congregation saying "I wish to disassociate myself from Jehovahs Witnesses" then you will be viewed as a DF'd person. If I were you I would post the letter as a recorded delivery, so the sendee can't deny receiving it!

LearnToSwim

• parakeet
    parakeet

If you want to make sure you're DAd and not DFd, you might try something a JW I know did years ago. He was on the verge of being DFd because he grew a beard and refused to shave it off. At the final JC hearing, he showed up with his lawyer and told the committee that if they made an announcement that slandered his character (by saying "unChristian conduct" or whatever they say nowadays) in a public forum (KH is open to the public), he would sue their pants off for slander and character defamation. He scared the committee so badly that they never made any kind of public announcement at all, either DA or DF! And the now ex-JW went his merry way and became a born-again Christian. If you warn them in your letter that you would be willing to resort to legal proceedings if they don't do the thing your way, it might work. Best of luck.

• breeze
    breeze

DF .... DA??

Play on words live your life and forget them!!

BREEZE

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Congrats WW you wont regret it.

• learntoswim
    learntoswim
    If you want to make sure you're DAd and not DFd,......

Like unique1 said, its one and the same nowadays, the new OM book says the exact same announment is given in both instances, and its the same as being DF'd. There's no difference in the announcement or the way you'd be treated by members of the organisation.

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

"Oh, that is so righteous, I must say! You have on the complete spiritual suit of armour, but you can't stop my dance of joy!"

That had me laughing out loud. In fact I'm still laughing.

Thanks Natas, I definitely needed a laugh right now. Picturing that scenario is gonna keep me chuckling for days.

CD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit