The New World Translation

by pratt1 18 Replies latest jw friends

• lawrence
    lawrence

Howdy Gary. Yeah he did have to tour! Better than get bit by dogs and householders with shotguns not wanting new fangled doctrines from a savant in a high whiny voice called Fred. Every day he had a new revelation - antitypical this and that. I'm writing a play about a day in the life of Fred Franz via interviews conducted over the course of months with a "knowing." It is called - 'Jehovah Genius Prophet.'

• parakeet
    parakeet

I've been out almost 30 years, and I still have mine, not for any sentimental attachment to anything JW, but for reference purposes. Sometimes I look up a scripture or two regarding something I've read or seen on TV.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Mine fell into the grill.

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

The New World Translation has omitted important verses.

The Holy Bible is not just a historical document. It is a record of God's dealing with men.

The King James Version or even the New King James versions are the best bibles to use.

Blessedstar

• lawrence
    lawrence

BlessedStar-

I differ. All of these Bibles have TOO MANY verses! John 8 and Mark 16 are not the issues. The issue is if a person doesn't follow the 2 laws - 1) Love God 2) Love of neighbor, there's no need for the almost 1200 chapters. Yes, too many words, too many pages, too many trees cut, for what! A religion (Christianity in all flavors) full of hypocrits and bullcrap thumpers. Thoughts...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I think gumby has smoked almost all of his, tho I think he has left Revelation just in case he gets some mind-blowing stuff to roll...

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

LMAO You're all bloody hillarious - Lawrence writting a Freddie Franz play while smok'n his way through the New World Translation, Leolaia acusing gumby of the same, mrsjones5 saying she doesn't use hers and getting a tad pissed off, Eagle1's accident, blessed star still thinking God wrote it...you people will kill me one day

Gary makes a good point about the Watchtower Bible and Cash society. I remmember Randy Watters wrote an article calculating the profit made on each book printed. it was quite big. It may still be on his freeminds/watchers of the watchtower world site.

I still have my bendy morone NWT which I only use online.

unc, jealous of bro busselman's 'fat boy' NWT (when my Dad died mum wouldn't let me have his).

• KW13
    KW13

i am keeping every JW book i can get my hands on for one simple reason.

Someday, they'll have new light and i'll have the proof when they "deny all knowledge"

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I still have mine, though it's at my mums, along with all my jw literature. I live in a small but cosy flat now, and have no room for things I have no use for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit