The New World Translation

by pratt1 18 Replies latest jw friends

• pratt1
    pratt1

Do you still have your old Bible?

Can you bring yourself to throw it out?

It's the only book from my Dub days I can't get rid of.

I guess I still have part of the "Old Personality" and I haven't fully put on the "New Personality"

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Regardless of what the so-called-experts say, the NWT is fine. Keep your Bible and compare it to others. Study it and look up key words. You will be fine!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yes I still have my nwt, it's the big brown one. I want to dispose of it but instead of just throwing it away I want to destory it. Fire would be nice but maybe I'll use our paper shredder.

Josie

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

People hurting other people seem to be a daily occurance with the JWs and many carry that pain for the rest of their collective lives. Send your Bible to me. I'll pay postage!

I hope everything works out for you and you find happiness. KIM

• greendawn
    greendawn

It may be ok overall but they did twist a number of verses when translating them to fit in with their ideas eg the used jehovah many times in the New Testament when none were present in the original. Obviously the apostles were not using that name.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I keep all my bibles.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nah it's my bible and I'll do with it as I please. Besides I don't use it, I have a NIV I like a whole lot better.

Josie

• Honesty
    Honesty

I have 5 or 6 of them. The Green one is the best because Hebrews chapter 1 is just like in the KJV where it says let the the angels worship Jesus.

The KIT is one that is worth its weight in gold when witnesssing to an active WTBTS loyalist.

• lawrence
    lawrence

My heavily commented black leather with all the Sacred Secrets provided great rolling papers from the back pages that had less ink. Didn't burn too badly if loosely rolled. The Hebrew and Greek commentary notes from Rabbi Rashi and A.T. Robertson burned quickly, quietly, and without much confusion. The Interlinear burned nicely as well, was living in the mountains of New Hampshire after my DA and didn't head to the town's headshop often. All the J translation references of the "Jehovah" usage burned supreme.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I collect em. I have the progressive individual releases, a fat boy and the revised versions of the revised editions. It was a genius idea. First they released the second will of God, then a new book every year containing a few books and then reprints and more sales and then leather binding and more sales. That idea must have paid for some nice vacations for Knorr & company.

He really did have to personally tour all those Society branches himself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit