What does the term 'Borg" mean?

by south african beef 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Java:

We used to use it a lot in the old Philia list, too.

Yes we did. I also learned the terms "jaydub", "jdub" and "dub" from the Philia list.

• undercover
    undercover

The ex-Mormon community uses Morg to identify the LDS organization in similar terms as ex-JWs use bOrg to identify the WTS.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

O.K. It's official. We are all a bunch of geeks. We know entirely too much about Star Trek.

But I must confess I still watch it ocassionly on the G4 channel on Dish Network.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Live long and prosper...

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

There is a website www.borgenquirer.com that comically exposes the control and dissection of individuality in the WTBTS.

If I have not got quite the right name, try finding in through Freeninds.org or www.watchthetower.com

HB

• grissom6471
    grissom6471

Some have unaffectionately referred to us as the BOrg, the Brooklyn 
    Organization. But I don't see that as a bad thing. Consider the Borg.
    They can assimilate and adapt to increase their defenses and do that
    quickly as an organization as a whole. When a borg ship gets hit
    by the Fed's phasers, then the borg will analyze it and then
    regenerate and implement a defense for that and send the information
    to the whole organization to protect everyone. Christians
    work the same way.

1 Cor 10:1

1 Now I do not want YOU to be ignorant, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea 2 and all got baptized into Moses by means of the cloud and of the sea; 3 and all ate the same spiritual food 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they used to drink from the spiritual rock-mass that followed them, and that rock-mass meant the Christ.

Here Paul tells them that they are an organization. Not a Borg but a
    Corg. An organization that was in Corinth but included much more.
    He was not telling them that they had freedom to follow their convictions. In fact he was telling them the opposite. Following their
    convictions ended up in ignorance. He was giving them information to assimilate and then to adapt.

6 Now these things became our examples, for us not to be persons desiring injurious things, even as they desired them.

Assimilate this and adapt. A Christian organization can move
    fast to Assimilate and adapt.

7 Neither become idolaters, as some of them did; just as it is written: “The people sat down to eat and drink, and they got up to have a good time.”

8 Neither let us practice fornication, as some of them committed fornication, only to fall, twenty-three thousand [of them] in one day.

9 Neither let us put Jehovah to the test, as some of them put [him] to the test, only to perish by the serpents. 10 Neither be murmurers, just as some of them murmured, only to perish by the destroyer. 11 Now these things went on befalling them as examples, and they were written for a warning to us upon whom the ends of the systems of things have arrived.

The organization is not in Brooklyn, it is in Patterson, no, it is in
    Wallkill. No it is in Toronto,
    London, or are we just speaking of the branch office locations.

The organization is throughout the world.

In the same manner, the Watchtower sends out the same instruction
    for us to assimilate and then to adapt to it so we can have defenses
    that will protect us.

Freedom to follow our convictions does none of the sort.

Sure many can disagree with the teachings, but people do not have proof
    of the contrary.
    So there are only arguments.
  • james_woods
    james_woods

So, Grissom - you apparantly took this one to heart -

I thine eye should offend thee, thou shalt pluck it out and stick a lipstick camera into the empty socket...

In my case, my brain would offend me first with no help from the collective...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit