What does the term 'Borg" mean?

by south african beef 26 Replies latest jw friends

• south african beef
    south african beef

Sorry but I'm only a 'Newbie"!

I can understand some of the shorthand terms used on this site but could anyone elighten me on the above?

Also please list any terms that pertain to this site with their explanation so that I can understand everybody's threads a bit more easily.

Thanks in advance for your help.

SAB

• james_woods
    james_woods

I think this may have come from "Star Trek - the Next Generation". Borg were half man - half robot (cyborgs) and went about subdueing the universe while intoning "resistance is futile. you must be assimilated".

They were not at all good about thinking for themselves.

• Scully
    Scully

You can read all about the Borg Collective on this Wikipedia link.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    11. Borg
    1 thumb down

A Jehovah's Witness. Term employed by ex-Jehovah's Witnesses as a pejorative for a practicing JW, or to refer to the entire JW organization in a negative way. Derived from "Bible Organization," which the Jehovah's Witnesses purport to be, rather than a "religion," per se.

Ever since I got kicked out of the JWs, I dread running into a Borg I used to know on the street.

• jstalin
    jstalin

Resistance is futile

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

james is correct

The Borg in Star Trek: Next Generation all thought with one mind. All individuality was gone. All emotion was gone. The Borg wandered through the universe conquering "assimilating" everything in its path and forcing conformity and unity. When one "borg" spoke it spoke collectively

They gained control over the world they assimilated by remove the belief systems of the people on that world and replacing it with their own ideology.

The term "borg" as it is used here refers to the WTS' recruitment process. Any past beliefs are removed and replaced with WT dogma. No dissent is allowed. All think in unity and confority. Even emotions are muted and only acceptable emotional expressions are allowed.

• south african beef
    south african beef

Thanks for your help so far, but any other interesting terms i should be aware of?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

by the way - Are you grade A?

http://jehovah.to/glos/index.html

Praise allah! long live fat buddha

• south african beef
    south african beef

What-a-Coincidence 'am i grade A'?

Sorry?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

cause your are "south african BEEF"

http://www.askthemeatman.com/what_are_the_different_beef_grades!.htm

i guess that is only in the USA. sorry for the confusion.

WHere's the beef? I guess in south africa.

live allah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit