Upcoming Birthday - Suggestions Wanted

by AudeSapere 14 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I'm looking for a few good suggestions for my upcoming birthday.

It's 3 months away but not too early to start planning...!!

Since I turned 40, I've tried to do something special - and a bit daring - for myself. This year I don't know what I want to do...

Here's some that I've done so far:

40 - Nice Date. Sushi at a beach restaurant. I had an Uni Shooter. (OK - not so daring now, but sushi was very new to me back then. And an Uni Shooter - That's Daring - with a capital 'D'!! Once was enough for this girl. But I did it. <- my smug pekid face after the shooter.)

41 - Planned a weekend at a spa. Got cancelled when I broke up with the guy I was dating. (Not very daring - but extremely indulgent...)

42 - Changed careers. Brand new career in a totally different industry. It was a new beginning. The 'gift' was the challenge and finally starting to fund my retirement.

43 - I spent a week with my brother while he was on a business trip - we'd never spent time together as adults.

44 - Sky Diving. Accelerated Free Fall.

45 - Took a motorcycle rider's safety class and then bought a (used) motorcycle.

46 - ??????

So - Anyone have any ideas for me?? Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Bring it on apost-friends.

-Aude.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Birthday girl, how 'bout a trip to Paris, or Rome? Or, a nice cruise, there are some good sales going now, or maybe see a bit of Alaska?

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Can you come up with 46 things you have always wanted to do, but have yet to do them (regardless of how big or small they are) and over the next three months you accomplish them, finishing the last (#46 on your list) on the day of your birthday.

• Mary
    Mary

Maybe you could pioneer.

• luna2
    luna2

LMAO! Mary, you are so mean!

Aude, I can't think of anything at the moment but if I come up with something later, I'll check back.

*still laughing at Mary*

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

A weekend at a nudist camp.

Take Uncle Bruce with you

• luna2
    luna2
    A weekend at a nudist camp.

Take Uncle Bruce with you

*snigger*

• Mary
    Mary
    Dr. Jekyll said: A weekend at a nudist camp. Take Uncle Bruce with you

And keep your eyes peeled for Dr. Jekyll hiding in the bush taking pictures. Dirty ol' bastard!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

OK Thanks you guys. This is a good start...

Virgochik - Trips and cruises are favorite activities. My passport is dusty and needs to taken somewhere far, far away. Just can't afford the extended time off this year. Pocketbook is a little strapped, too from recent move and home purchase. A weekend trip is definitely something to consider...

Looking Glass - Interesting. I will start a list and do some. But then what will I do next year if I do all 46 this year???

Mary - Ha Ha. You're so funny.

Luna2 - Definitely let me know if you think of something.

Dr Jekyll - Was that meant to be a joke or is it a DARE?? (I was actually thinking of something along these lines... Maybe not a whole weekend at a camp but there is a nude beach about 30 minutes from here. Could I just go topless? Could I even *DO* that???? UncleBruce optional.)

No pictures allowed, though.

Couple other ideas -

Get Sandy and a couple other exJW Meet-Up members to take me karaoking (sp?) since I've never really gotten up and sang myself.

Throw myself a birthday party - another first.

Get a Henna Tattoo - it's temporary. I'm not ready for permanent.

Treat myself to a day spa...

I'm off for a little stroll. Anybody have more ideas?? I'm pretty open to suggestions.

-Aude.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Aude I can definately recommend karoake. its so much fun. Make sure you've had a couple of drinks before hand in case of stage fright! And I think Henna tattoos are fabulous. They look so beautiful.

I really believe that its a great thing to challenge yourself. Is there anything your afraid of? Is there anything that seems insurmountable to you? How about conquering that for your birthday?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit